Socialite in Mumbai?

Today was the best day of my life in Mumbai. First, I spent travelling up north to find some place using my Eicher city map. It was so easy with this rocking map.



Then I went to Nariman point and got my British Library Membership transferred. I browsed through the collection and dug out Alan Hollinghurst's 'Swimming Pool Library'. Then... brace yourself, I started reading the book sitting at Nariman point watching the sun set! Isn't that poetically romantic!



Then I went to the launch of a book; a debut novel by an Indian author called Rana Dasgupta. The novel is titled 'Tokyo Cancelled'. It's about a flight to tokyo which got cancelled. The passengers are stranded at an airport in Courage the Cowardly Dog's place. 13 among them find fairy-tale-esqu story telling as a form of communication. The book is full fo 13 stories in that fashion.



The function itself was orgasmic. Awesome hall. Great crowd. I could see high-society everywhere. The writer spoke about the book and read a passage. It was awesome. Then we had a little snack + wine session. I had red wine and snacks. Then I spent time talking with the writer! Can you imagine!



Wow, I spent a lot of time calling up Ray, Dr. R. etc to detail my day!



I'm gonna love Mumbai!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...