The Dadly sigh

The communication between me and my parents have been on the upswing for some time now. The major reason is that I’ve been taking tips from my Mom a lot these days regarding cooking and managing the kitchen etc. The more I ask her, the happier she seems to realize that I’m actually managing my fucking self in this apartment. That’s the good part of the deal.

The bad part is that I’ve to listen to boring, repetitive conversations with my Dad almost always. I hate that. But today, it went to another level. He asked me almost incredulously ‘Are you going to leave the medical profession altogether?’. It suddenly dawned on me that they had not clearly understood what my plan was. I spent a few minutes explaining that I have got a wonderful break in the music industry and I would like to go ahead and try my luck and earn some money. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll get back to being a surgeon.

I heard a prolonged sigh. Of disappointment and fear, I presume. I’ll refer the readers to ‘Nanny Diaries’, the movie, for understanding this particular situation better.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...