The GB movie fest

I was getting tired of being home hoping that something interesting would happen. Nothing seems to happen anyway. All what transpires is a few hours of jamming with a distinct undercurrent of uneasiness between most of the band members. I don't know if I alone am feeling this. But anyway, things were never like this about a couple of months back.

Anyway, to get away from the pain of having to stay home expecting some 'jamming' to happen, I go out and watch movies. Today, Sunday, we had a GB movie fest in National College, Bandra.

Previously, I had been to a single GB film festival. It was the first month of my stay in Mumbai. I had to rush out halfway through the second movie when I got a call from the hospital. But I remembered that the quality of movies on offer was excellent and the crowd, interesting.

Hoping for the same, I headed. I wasn't disappointed. Three excellent movies. The first one was a French movie which feature the tragic story of a weird love triangle set in the holocaust time. The second one was a tragic Israeli movie set in the early 2000 which featured the Israel-Palestinian political tension. The third one, the only Indian movie, was a laugh riot which ended so gloriously with the father of a gay guy accepting his sexual orientation and asking him to marry his boyfriend!

I enjoyed a hell lot despite being flashed-back, as always is the case these days, to the time that I and Vinokur shared in the last few months. I was so ab-normal from the usual Kris that I didn't respond in any way whatsoever to somebody who said that I looked handsome and that he liked my looks. Fuck, I'm weirded these days!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...