Coming out online

Today was another first to me. I had recently joined a online community like Orkut called Facebox. One of my former band members had sent me the invite. I had joined the site a couple of days back. I had given my orientation away at the profile.

Today, one of my old friends from Pre-Universtity College, started chatting to me on Orkut. We first chatted like how long-time no-sees would chat. Hi, how are you and all that crap. Then he asked me if I really meant what I had written at Facebox. When I asked him to clarify, he said he was referrring to the orientation.

I said yes. He said that I was brave. And asked me who all knew. I said that most of my friends and my sister. He asked me how I was dealing with my parents and the pressure for marriage. I said that I was about to talk to my parents about this and thereby 'letting them down'.

Then he replied 'I am so worried about breaking down my mother'.

I was sort of surprised. But still, I had a smile on my face when he touhgt of the way he came out to me. I helped him again.

Now, I have one each friend from School, Pre-Grad College and Med College who are gay.

Besides, that I spent a lot of time reading up the newspaper and online resources to catch up on the last two days when I was deprived of the internet. I had planned to watch one of the Hindi movies today. But that didn't materialize. Instead, I fell asleep watching a little of the movie 'City of Angels'. Nicholas cage stars in this. After Ghostrider and the bloopers associated with it, I now perceive Cage in a different light. I think that he's kinda dumb. I don't know. My feeling only.

Evening, I did some shopping. A new bucket, mug and soap powder. I caught up with Ray. He didnt' have anything major to converse about yesterday as I had suspected. I talked to my sister who might visit Mumbai in 10 days time.

In the night, after finishing my work at the hospital, I went to Xander's to listen to the new tune that he had come up with. We jammed that tune which sounds promising. Parry was almost drunk and didn't actively jam with us.

I still remember that day when I had talked to Parry about talking to Xander about quitting drinking. Parry had said that he would quit as well. Now, look at the scene?

Before I left back to the hostel, Xander confided about the indisposition that GS is having who is recovering from it. I can't divulge too much but it seemed an after-effect of the unsafe sex that they were having.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...