The long surgery and the Oscars

Today morning, I didn't think that the surgery that I was washing up to assist would be this long. Yes. It was about 11 hours long. It shouldn't have been had my professor be not so elaborately meticulous. The problem with surgeries is not for the patient but for the the team at work. You can't concentrate for 11 hours. You feel bored.

Apart from getting bored, we get tired, hungry and sleepy. But, still somehow I carried myself and was able to feel okay at the end of the surgery. But not before my professor taught me a lesson or two in suturing surgical wounds. During that time, I distinctly felt the kind of substance that he's made of. Solid, solid base made by years of hardwork during med school and residency. He must not have a hobby like me during that time I feel.

Before I left the hospital campus, I had got a call from Ray who said he was drunk wanted to talk to me. I said I'll call him up once I finish my work. Immediately after that Xander called me and said that he had made a new tune. I asked him to call me later as I had my work left pending.

My work finished at around 12. After that, I was too tired to do anything. But yet, I came back into the room and learnt a lot of bass of the two Tool songs that I'm working on; 'Vicarious' and 'The Pot'.

I was totally frustrated by the fact the internet was down for the second day in running. I didn't have the newspaper with me as well. So pissed with all that, that I actually ended up reading about the Oscars on my mobile phone using GPRS.

I was immensely pleased with the fact that 'The Departed' got the best picture and Martin Scorcese got the best director awards. I was sort of amazed by the other awards. But now I want to watch 'Little Miss Sunshine' and 'The Last King of Scotland', both releasing soon in Mumbai.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...