Crisis

In the last few posts, I have been pointing out that my decision to take up Surgery as a career is under a big question mark. Well, I'll have to detail further.



I took up medicine because I liked Zoology and I wanted to prove my mother wrong. I thought I had not done myself good until 4 years into Med School. From then on, I knew that my decision was right. In fact, med school made me what I'm. And I'm glad for that.



Then, came Xander and the idea of a band. When he first proposed it; meaning making a band and going ahead with the idea of professional musicianship, I thought it was far-fetched. It still might be. But I was rather apprehensive about deciding for it. But the temptation was unopposable. I decided it over. We decided it over actually.



The decision was to make ourselves up fit for survival in this bad world by doing something as a career. When we have something to fall back on (support as in financial), we will go ahead with the band plan.



Xander went into Computer graphics and animation. Jin (our drummer), who I don't write about, went for an MBA. And I took Orthopaedic Surgery. Out of them, I was the least interested (at the start) for a band. But things are changing.



Now I feel like I want to do music. Why? Because I don't 'feel' anything special in my routine work in the wards. Why do I feel like I don't 'feel special'. Because, everyone around me (fellow residents) feel something cool after they have done a surgery, put a cast etc. I feel special when I hear a good song, or play something good on the guitar or even better, write and record something good.



So this is swelling up baby! I have to talk to my friends about it. I still remember that even Mr. Lion asked me to just concentrate on Surgery during my 3 years. Will I be able to do that? Actually, a better question would be. Do I want to do that?



The answers are coming up in the future dudes. Keep fingers crossed.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...