With Xander

With so much time on a Saturday (we had an off day cuz the OTs were shut as the sirs weren't there), I was ruing the fact that I rock wasn't there. But I thought I could go and jam with Xander. With high hopes, I went.



What transpired is not what I wanted.



Xander was drinking; getting drunk would be better. He was high and I thought was more interested in watching TV. I decided to talk to him first and see if I can get him around.



We talked about Mosh Mania and how I liked it. But the conversation was not going smooth. I talked about Zen Micro. He didn't sound very concerned. Then he handed me over my guitar. The Sammic electric that I had bought last years end. As soon as I took it up, I was disappointed with the fact that the strings were rusted. When I checked it out further, the screws and the Allen Keys for the Floyd Rose setup were all rusted.



Still, I thought I would go on. He wanted me to play 'Cochise' so that he could sing. I wasn't liking the feel of the guitar. After some time and a couple of other songs when I got pissed with the guitar's condition, I gave him the guitar and took up my bass.



When I connected it to the amp, I noticed that part of the cable (the custom made cable which I had gotten done from my home place which was the only one without any problem whatsover) was chewed by rats.



What would anybody feel at this point? I finally started talking maintenance of the flat and guitars. He wasn't paying attention. Then we carried on. I was not feeling good about it. Plus there was lots of noise because of the faulty cables.



Finally, I decided that I have had enough of jamming. I put away my bass and sunk on the bean bag. Xander, by that time, was drunk and was not in his senses for sure. He then kept the guitar upside down, and put weight. One of the strings broke.



I was so pissed. I decided to lay down. And I dozed off.



That was enough to set him off. He got so pissed with me sleeping that, he started accusing me of selfishness and a genuine lack of interest in the band. We started argiuing. I tried to justify myself. He didn't like it. He went on saying that he was also busy and was tired cuz of work. Finally, he started saying that this was not going to work out.



I was a little apprehensive about this. But then, I know he was drunk. After some time, as he was coming out of it, we decided to go out to eat.



By the time we got out, he was almost normal and he officially admitted that he was drunk. By that time, I was almost like hurt. But then, we had a long hard talk about our future. I confided him about the kind of feeling I get working at the hospital. He was not at all surprised. That was a surprise to me. In fact, he said that he thought that I would feel so from day 1 itself.



In the end, everything was okay. But I still would like him to clean up the place and guitars. And to get everything sorted out for practice. Right now, I'm unable to do anything. But when we have more time, I want everything to be perfect. But will I be able to do it?

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...