Clash of priorities: the victory of Love

The Aerosmith song ‘Falling in Love is Hard on the Knees’ makes sense to me now. My life has changed so much since July 4th, 2007, the day when I met Mr. Perfect and fell in love. Before that period of life, I never really understood why all the famous musicians should write so many songs about love/break-up/separation et al in relationships.

Pre-love, my life consisted of two things which have been prioritized by the unfortunate social situation to be Career > Music. I, being a little meek and scaredy, never really bothered to do what I really wanted. I never set out for what I wanted. I realized that after falling in love. That’s when you get to know your own heart closer.

Now I realize that what I really want to do in life is music. Not anything else, but music. Let my life lead itself. I don’t want to lose out on the precious time that I have left trying to make a base on which I can indulge in my real needs. Ergo, I can’t really push away any opportunities in the music front that I might get.

Post-love, my priorities are categorized as this. Vinokur >>>> Music > Career.

Do I hear smirks and muffled laughter?

I don’t think that’s skewed! Come on, give me a break!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...