Blood sucking arthropods

I guess I haven't yet written/posted about the pathetics situation in my room. Wait, I don't know if I have ever posted about my room.



My room, is about 20 X 30 foot (yeah large) in the ground floor next to the mess where we are supposed to have our food from. It has these two windows whic face a dirty area of dead space in the hospital campus. The windows cannot be locked shut. There is a door which is difficult to open as well as clock. The two connecting doors to the adjoining room are permanently shut. There are a couple of flourescent tubelights and two ceiling fans with a single power point.



There are fourt cots in the room; all from the leftovers from the hospital. No decent mattresses are provided. All we got are leftovers from the last reallottment. All were dirty and full of bugs. There is just a table and a small cupboard like thingie which comes along with the room which no one uses.



This room is supposed to be shared by five inmates. All in my department and all freshers. Out of the rest of the four, two are not in the room. That just leaves three of us in the room at present.



Now, all of us reach room by around 1 - 2 am in the night and leave by around 6.30 am. I try to clean and put things in order as much as I can. The others don't help me out and in fact make things difficult for me. One of them smokes and the butts are always there to be cleaned up.



My bed, the only one which is made and clean, is at the far end of the room. All of my stuff is kept in four bags/suitcases nearby. I wash my dresses regularly and hang them to dry in a corner of the room. I have a mini vanity table where I keep my couple of boxes full of cosmetics and other stuff. My guitar and dumbells rest in the corner beside the clothesline. I have put in nails and hung the FM radio and the power extension to make life inside the room more cozy.



Now comes the horror story. Part 1 of the rainy season is over and let me introduce to you 33 different species of insects which swarm the room at any point of time. Out of which, the blood sucking lice/bedbugs are the worst. They are so prevalent in and around the mattresses that they can possibly kill an adult human being if he were to sleep undisturbed for about 4 days at a stretch.



I have anti-insect sprays and try to clean my stuff every now and then. But then, it doesn't help much. I was shocked to positively hideous death when I realized that my shoulder bag, which I carry around the whole day had about a couple of dozen of these bugs in the folds of the zipper. Yuck!



I don't know what I can do about it. In fact, the last time I talked to Mum over the phone, I specifically asked her to help me out with these. Since then she has given me a list of insecticides that I can use.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...