The speaker travails

I had recently bought a pair of Creative SBS 370 2.1 Speakers for use in my room. I had bought them to plug it into my WorldSpace radio, mp3 players, CD player etc. Although the popular product was a tad disappointing on the power of the sound it offered, it is a great buy for its price of Rs. 1, 200.



But the most disappointing thing was that the Subwoofer had some problems; it seemed like a loose connection but the bass was not coming through the Subwoofer until something pressed the back panel down. Since I was relatively free after the time of the strike, I had decided to give it for repair under warranty.



When I reached the service center, they explained to me that the warranty was not enforced as it its word meaning. If there was something repairable, they would repair it. Otherwise, a replacement would be given.



I took the deal. But since then, in about 3 weeks of agony, I couldn't get in touch with them. Twice I went down to their office without realizing that they had moved to a new location. The phone numbers were always wrong/busy.



Finally, I mustered up a lot of courage from within to venture out to get my speaker back. I had gone through my Eicher Mumbai City map to locate approximately the shop. I reached the place without even asking anyone. The shop is an extensively set up center for Creative in Grant Road.



The guys were very co-operative and they gave me my speaker without a hassle despite my delivery challan being absent (it had been in the wallet which had been stolen). I even managed to talk about a prospective sound card.



It all seemed great when I set my mp3 player up with the speakers blaring and went to sleep listening to 'Tuesday's Gone' by the Metallica.



Today morning, when I got up I realized the total silence in my room. No music? Then I went to my mp3 player and punched at the play button. It started. But without BASS! The speaker had gotten bad again.



This is so bad! Now I have squeeze time out to give them again for service. But this time, I plan to give a replacement instead of them repairing it!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...