Ridiculous!

I don't know why I so bloody want to listen to nice music even during the hardest part of my residency. Whyever, it acts as an excuse for running behind repairing a speaker and getting ticketed by the traffic police, skipping sleep, getting scolded by your seniors etc.



Today evening, on pretext of going to book my air tickets for my 'planned vacation' (which I'm not planning to go. Instead, I'm going to chill and save money to buy my computer), I went back to the service center. There I was astounded to realize that my subwoofer was working. I felt like a fool who had not tried to actually see what the problem is.



But my wounded pride was nursed to partial recovery by the explanation which seemed stupid. Absurdly ridiculous. Apparently, there is an in-built auto shutdown mechanism which turns of the sub-woofer if it's left playing for a long time. To get it back working/playing, switch the power in the circuit first off and then on. I first felt insulted that this genuine looking service person was trying to fool me. But then he insisted on the story.



Later on, I went to the computer shops with my approximate configuration (after my homework) for the pricing. But when I was driving back to the hospital, I was partly happy and partly confused about the twist in the speaker tale. Anyways, I think that it is a stupid technological advance which the society could do well without.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...