An extra duty

Chuck is normally the kind of guy who never shies away from his responsibilities. Yesterday, it was different. His brother, who is as close to him as my sister is to me, was coming home after a few months and he wanted to stay home and spend time with him. Therefore, he asked me to take a duty for him. Of course, I said yes. In fact, I couldn't possibly have said anything else. Even to a total stranger. Yes. I'm scared of saying no.



Not a good habit to have you would say. In fact, I think I'm too 'soft' when dealing with issues about management of my professional duties. I can never order anyone around. It is so shocking to see almost everyone dishing out orders with utter ease. And I struggle to even get somebody to help me out with my ward work on most days. This is one reason which makes me prone to be overworked. But I, in a strange way, seem to enjoy this overwork.



This fact is highlighted by the fact that I felt thoroughly happy about helping my dear friend out. I feel like I was rewarded because Chuck and I seem to be getting closer to each other as days pass by. We're finding it easier to share our problems. And we are communicating very well.



At the same time, I feel like losing out on Ray. These past few weeks, we have not been meeting too much. When I saw him yesterday, he was tired and looked like he had lost some weight. To appreciate such a difference, in normal cases, two persons needed to be separated for a period. That kind of separation is not acceptable in my relationship standards.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...