Why this such a hit?

I was quite late to catch up to the latest viral hit on the internet.

On repeated listening, I am getting to quite like the song. The lyrics are crazy and don’t let the song get boring even after multiple listens.

But the question remains: Why is this such a hit? Of course, a lot of time must have been spent on planning social media and marketing for the song.

My friends have the idea that the makers of the song bought a lot of YouTube hits and started off from there claiming that in a few hours the song has so many hits etc., thus making it seem like an overnight success.

Oh, well. The power of social media!

Update Feb 6th, 2012

Here’s a good article on Guardian.co.uk that discusses the possible reasons why Kolaveri Di went viral.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...