X-men: First Class

Considering the rain and my tendency to cancel all kinds of social plans (even when I'm the only person involved), I consider this as a remarkable feat. After 6 months or so of movie theater celibacy (wait a minute, it might be even more. I can't remember the last movie that I watched in a theater), I finally coaxed myself to watch X-men: First Class.

Well, I didn't do it all by myself. I had to get out of my apartment so that my maid could clean it - I feel very uncomfortable in my apartment when my maid is around because I can't do anything that I want. So the maid made me do it. She had initially knocked my door when I was having lunch. I asked her to come an hour later. I had an hour to make plans. So I looked up the listings of the movie and I found a 3 pm show at the nearby multiplex.

It felt really weird to spend Rs. 220 for a front-row ticket. But I didn't have an option. I was there really early, and to distract myself I got on to Twitter. A bunch of nerds were talking about Kung Fu Panda in hindi at the waiting area. It sounded really dumb and I was so irritated that I had to get up and start walking up and down.

The movie itself was just okay. I know it is Marvel. I know it is X-men. I couldn't have missed it. But still, the storyline was a little to weak for me. The acting was so-so. As usual, Magneto was the hottest. It was not Sir Ian McKellen. Instead, a chap called Michael Fassbender. Really hot, I tell you!

But the most striking note of the movie experience was this - I thought that the audience was really lame because they laughed at the most mediocre of jokes in the movie. Was my requirement of levels of humor getting too high for the average person?

5 comments:

Mind Of Mine said...

I am still fuming by the lack of Storm!

Anorion said...

Are you gay?

Kris Bass said...

@Mind Of Mine: Well, wasn't Storm inducted late into the X-men team? There wasn't Scott Summers or Phoenix too.

@Anorion: Duh! Yes!

Pari said...

A bunch of nerds were talking about Kung Fu Panda in hindi at the waiting area. It sounded really dumb and I was so irritated that I had to get up and start walking up and down.

lol...these lines are so funny. Reminded me of Catcher in the rye, read it...if u havent :)

Kris Bass said...

Seriously? I have read it and thoroughly enjoyed it! Do you know that it is part of the school curriculum in the US? Vinokur was surprised when he came to know that I had not read it in school!

By the way, guess who's reading the book at the office now? Swapneel!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...