Here are the most important points about the movies which I thought would make the series a must-watch for all movie fanatics.
- I don’t want a spoiler here—The first movie’s ending is dramatic and depressing!
- Time dilation, a phenomenon of the theory of relativity, is put majestically to use in this movie series.
- The religious/scientific views of the ape society mirror the views of conservative theists.
- The ethical/moral treatment of humans by apes (and by humans to the apes in the sequels) is classic commentary on what’s wrong with scientific research.
- The social structure of the apes as assigned by different colors of clothing is boring.
- The incredible way in which the apes evolved to learn language but not improve posture is disturbing.