My first student

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to have my first official guitar student. This time, it's bass guitar student. He is Rob's cousin and is already playing in a band. But he wants to get better.

This is such a big event for me that I'm getting a little worried about it. I spent a lot of time reading up some bass tutorials on the internet to make sure that I knew all the terminologies and explanations to how/why bass guitar is to be played.

I'm friggin' tired too. Today was another brainstorming session for Noise Market. And I had to attend the engagement of one of the nicest persons that I have come to meet during phase of my life in the company of Xander. I'm heading to bed as soon as I hit enter here. So, wish me luck guys!

(PS: Did you know that Gujju faces were the prototypes of emoticons/smileys - they are so frigging rounded!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best, Kris. Enjoy yourself.

SMRITI said...

ALL THE BEST KRIS!! :) Have fun.

And Gujju prototypes?? That's some info!!! Cheers!! :)

Kris Bass said...

@ Unsung: Thanks!

@ Smriti: Haven't seen you around in here a lot!

Thanks for the comment. I have another generalization to make. But that's later.

masalai said...

So how did the guitar lesson go? Did you use a published coursebook or simply coach the student on his current repertoire?

There are, to be sure, round-faced Gujaratis but there are also extremely long-faced, lean Jesuitical ones.

Prash said...

I didn't get your PS..

deepthi vinod said...

hey just about stepped in your blog world and best of luck for the classes.hope the first one went well..the thing about gujju faces i agree :P

Anonymous said...

So how did the lesson pan out? I hope you had more fun than your student.

A Well Wisher In NYC

Anonymous said...

It seems you are enjoying lol.
and you have got an award. :)

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...