The wrath of the Professor

I had a long lecture on the phone with Professor X yesterday night. He virtually scolded me and asked me to get back to my senses. He drove home the point that I was living in a dream inside my head and I needed to wake up; wake up to realize that Vinokur will probably be never coming to India and that I needed to get to NYC.

For that, I needed to get my act together in India and pass my exams and earn some money. He also pointed out that I have been struggling to live with the tougher decisions that I had made. He suggests that if I can't execute them, maybe I shouldn't be taking them. Medicine Vs. Music, Love Vs. Everything else etc.

Interestingly enough, that helped me. It helped me to realize that I am the one who needed make things happen. To pass exams, to earn some money and to make my endeavors succesful. Today, I could only spend a few hours of studying because of the practice sessions that I had lined up. But I felt I was able to concentrate well. I was able to feel so much more at ease after the scolding from Professor X. I thank him for that. I'm grateful to have such good friends.

Among other interesting things in my life, my article on the movie Rock On got published at Mutiny.in. It took a long time, a couple of weeks actually, for that to happen. But it did. I was feeling rather bad to not have written anything new which is interesting enough to be posted on Mutiny.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good you have a prof who cares enough to "scold" you :) I will not write of Vinokur coming here; those are things that should be worked out when time comes. As of now, he is not coming here, you are not going there. You have your exams, you have your commitments to your bands, your blog readers ;) & well wishers, family. Cannot shirk that away. As I have said before, do away with your exams. Start earning again. Enough of INR20 meals right? We are all here to help you, support you. Say down the lane, you & Vinokur can decide who goes where :)
Congrats on the Mutiny.in publication :D Am yet to see the movie; other priorities taking precedence. It is a movie, can always catch it funda. Will do it and then read the review as I had written earlier ;)
Take care of yourself.

Kris Bass said...

@ Myheadtrip: About commitments. And what about the biggesst one that I have - to Vinokur? I hope I'll be doing well enough in the exams to justify all this trauma!

Anonymous said...

Do you even like medicine? Cannot sense the passion for medicine in all that you have written...What is an ideal career for you?

Kris Bass said...

@ Anonymous: Do you even know me?

(The answer is yes. I love it. But I love music more.)

Jackdaw said...

"Love Vs. Everything else"

That's a dramatic choice... a tough one though.

Kris Bass said...

@ Jackdaw: It must have been. But I did choose it!

Anonymous said...

I never denied your commitment to Vinokur. Was just saying get the rest of the mundane stuff done. :) You love Vinokur & vice versa. Btw, what is Vinokur's take on all this?! We know his sis is not up to him traveling. What is his opinion?

Kris Bass said...

@ MyHeadTrip: Well, I'm getting them done. Vinokur thinks that he can travel. But he would have to risk whatever that he has gained in NYC.

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...