To just take a break

Today was a good day for my studies. I got up really early and did put in a lot of hours with my books. But there were many a moments during the entire day when I felt like going out and having some fun. Watch a movie. Hang out at a party or something - two parties were happening; one GB party and another house-party that my friend had invited me for.

I wanted to watch HellBoy 2 desperately and I took up the paper and decided on a show at least twice today before deciding against it. I procrastinated the decision for going to the parties until it was too late to. The reason is simple - even though I have some money with me I feel that I don't have the rights to have fun with borrowed money. I feel guilty of being luxurious. Similarly, I can't think of buying myself anything better than a Rs. 20 meal.

The only way out of this is to 'earn' my own money. And that seems like a long way off!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let us look at it this way...these times when you put in the effort to study will go a long way later, when you can party and do what you want; earn the money you know you have a right to spend the way you want to. So, I would say great going that you did not succumb to the temptation of taking a break. That said, if you really need it, take one; studying all the time will bring in fatigue. Take care. We are here routing for you.

Kris Bass said...

MyHeadTrip: Look, normally I do what I want and it makes me happy. Now, I'm being forced to do something because of guilt. Hence, the break which would have given me a lot of energy to work with is unattainable.

Anonymous said...

I understand that you are being forced to do this and not take a break. And yes, a break is welcome; as I had written take one if needed....all work and no play -U know that one! Though, there are times when the force is also required - priorities, time management...Do the forced thing now, get away with your studying once the exams are done and you come out with flying colours - who will stop you from partying?! Not even yourself :)

Anonymous said...

One hopes for more of such posts...

Kris Bass said...

@ Unsungpsalm: Sure! On their way!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...