A song for literacy

Yesterday, after much resistance from my side, I sat down to work on a song that we were asked to write for the national literacy campaign. It is actually something arranged by our record label to promote us - something that is probably making them a little less guilty of goofing up with money.

The lyrics are written in Bhojpuri and is going to be sung by a famous playback singer whose website is accessible here. The secrecy is because I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to make this public. We get to write the song, arrange it and then record it at a professional studio. A video will be made for the song and it will receive good promotions.

Today, we got around to re-writing the song thrice. We were happy with the first one's demo but our clients were not. We made a second one which was unanimously voted out of contention. The third one is taking it's final shape at Rob's home. We will get the nod on the demo version and will probably hit the studios again next week.

From my side, I'm happy with what we made despite the song being rather unlike our usual stuff. The weird thing is that this project is probably going to turn out to be our first single/video - the first dose of Noise Market that you guys are going to see/hear on television and radio. We hope to not convey the wrong first impression!

6 comments:

Reema said...

hope we will get an you tube link to watch. I dont see TV that much.

Kris Bass said...

@ Reema: When it comes up, yes!

Anonymous said...

err aren't you supposed to be studying? dude, you give hajar mixed messages and frankly you need a good smacking!

Kris Bass said...

Well, look I am supposed to be studying. But Noise Market is a professional band and we have to meet deadlines!

Heff said...

So you guys kinda "sold out" right from the get go, huh ?

Kris Bass said...

@ Heff: Well, not totally! The music is still more like our stuff.

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...