Rock on for Humanity

Yesterday, I was glad to get out of my apartment to go for the Rock On for humanity concerty. How could I, you might ponder, with my money situation. Well, Shoonyas' band member Tim got me and E-boi passes. I was almost depressed without having an avenue to go out and enjoy myself until I got a very late call from Tim informing me about the passes. And I am glad that I went.

It was a fabulous night. I mean, the stage and the setting was international class. The sound quality might not have been up with the best that you could get, but the rest was superb. Who's who of Bollywood was there. But I wasn't for that. I wanted to watch just three bands. Them Clones, Avial and Parikrama. I missed the first hour and hence, I didn't get to see Them Clones play. But Avial and Parikrama were very good. The Raghu Dixit project was also good with Raghu playing a wonderful sounding acoustic guitar.

I got tired of all the bull-shit going on stage with Zayed Khan, Shaan and the rest of the bollywood superstars and I didn't stick long enough to watch Shankar Ehsaan Lloy play. Besides, I missed Farhan and the gang do the Rock On version. Apart from Zayed Khan, Saif looked dumb. Shabana Azmi has uncharacteristically outperformed by Javed Akhtar because she chose to over-talk.

The point was that I had fun. I had fun at shouting 'We want Yuvraj Singh' when Preity got on stage and 'I DON'T miss you so much, because it hurts' when Saif started playing the guitar! Jodi was there with his fiance and so was his overspoken loudmouthed friend. We all had good fun!

I got back home and spent some time being happy with Vinokur. Just for one day, my miserable life had given way to something to cheer about. Next up is the gig on the 5th!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...