Change of fortunes

I think I have succesfully battled the trough of my depressing wave. Yes, thanks to Vinokur, Professor X, my sister and all of you, I am finally feeling better. Happier, to be precise. I had a really wonderful day of studies today when I finally found the groove. I hope it isn't too late. Now with a little bit of money in my bank account, it's a good time to go back to the hospital to see some cases. I have talked to my friends and I will start that probably starting this Monday.

Vinokur, on the other hand, is not as improved after the the consequences of reality sunk in. Despite having a great time at the museum with his ex-boyfriend, he felt sad that he won't be enjoying such times with me. It's probably harder for him with his age and frail health. I realize that I should be the stronger one supporting him and should take care of him through this phase. I hope to be strong enough to do that.

He underwent the first of MRIs for his neck and shoulders 2 days back. For a claustrophobic person like him, such a simple test is burdensome. And in his own michievous way of finding a way out, he consumed extra sedative pills to make him groggy. Yesterday, when we were talking to each other, I didn't know what to do. I am and will be unhappy that he is still not taking responsibility of the situation. There are times when I feel that I am the reason why he is getting addicted because I am unable to prevent him from doing so.

The only questions remaining are - how long can I hope to take responsibility? How practical is to hope to take guard of someone health from across the oceans?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always shudder to imagine how a Claustrophobic person would feel having an MRI. I'm glad there's a way out!!!

I think it stems from something I saw on TV a very long time back. I don't think I should repeat it, though!

Anonymous said...

Frankly, u can’t do much abt his health..it has to come frm within

But im so happy to know ur doing good..touch wood! :)

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...