Shoonyas live at Hard Rock Cafe

People who have been visiting my blog lately must be reckoning that I'm one luckiest dudes around. Every week, something or the other happens in my life which would easily fit in the criteriae for 'dream-come-trues'. The next in the line of such happenings is my upcoming gig with Shoonyas at Hard Rock Cafe, Mumbai on the 9/11!

Although it coincides with the 7th anniversary of the famous terrorist act, it doesn't have anything to do with it. It's on the occasion of the world-wide release of the Metallica's latest album titled Death Magnetic. The Hard Rock Cafe is arranging for a live night as a tribute to Metallica. Since Shoonyas is a cover band, we will be playing acoustic (toned down) versions of a few of the popular songs of Metallica.

Interestingly, September 12th is the day when Hard Rock Mumbai was inaugrated! I still remember being there on the day of inaugration with Xander and E-boi, dreamy-eyed staring at the fantastic interiors of the cafe. I couldn't believe such a place could be there in India with all kinds of memorabilia of rock icons from all over the world. I also remember wishing for an opportunity to perform at the live-stage at the cafe with Xander and E-boi. Back then, it was just an impossible wish. Look at how things have changed. I still can't believe that I'm going to be playing at HRC!

We'll be playing a set of a few songs for 45 minutes after 10 pm and we will be sharing with another band playing who will be playing 'heavier' versions of others songs of Metallica. If anybody is free on the 11th evening, I'd invite you to come to the glorious Hard Rock Cafe and enjoy the evening. You can find the directions and address here. I'd love to meet up with you!

(PS: Shoonyas have a very ill-designed website which is hardly ever updated. You can check it out and trash it here. If you are interested in keeping up with the gigs and updates you can check out our Orkut or Facebook pages.)

(PPS: Shoonyas is a pseudonymn. The actual name is C*I*R*K*L*E*S [we are notoriously known as circles with a 'k'!])

14 comments:

Ghazal said...

yay!!

Hope you have a great time performing!!

Kris Bass said...

Thank you! We hope to have a good time and let the audience have an even better time!

Prash said...

It is already 7 years now ? Oh boy ! And, America is still on war on Terror ! ! !

I just realized: 9/11 I have an appointment at the Immigration to get back my Resident Permit for one more year in Hong Kong.

Soham Shah said...

I would love to visit the place with my wife and other friends ..

Do they allow stag entries as not all my friends hv got the girl with them??

Kris Bass said...

@ Prash: Yeah, I know! For me, it still feels new. But Vinokur feels that it's way back. His life did change post 9/11. He was in Greece on that day.

Kris Bass said...

Soham Shah: of course you can! There might be a cover charge around 200 I suppose. I haven't seen kids around!

Vee said...

There you go.. have a rocking time and do write about it (ah, I know you will)...:)

the free spirit said...

Thanks for the welcome:)
Gud luck with the show and have fun...wow a real rock star u r han??

Kris Bass said...

@ Oxy: yeah, I'll write about it for sure!

@ djs: Well, I guess yes!

Anonymous said...

you have an award waiting :)

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

You luck bitch, you're not only living your dream but many other people's dreams too.

So like when do we get to hear some circles (wtf) music? :P

Prash said...

I was on holidays in India on 9/11 and was in a cybercafe and saw it alive...well, the second crash !

Soham Shah said...

@kris:

Thanks man .. Cover charges r fine .. But I hope they allow stag entries to my friends otherwise we would hv to go back ..

the free spirit said...

and he is modest too :)

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...