Re-strung!

I don't know why I don't seem to have any problems in finding the title for my posts. Today for example, I have a couple of dozen things to write on and technically, I should have found it rather difficult to think about the right title. What do I do? Take a look around, find the first thing you see and think about it. I saw my classy looking red 'n glitzy electric guitar, something that I have not played for a couple of years or so and the title came flowing to me. Of course, I changed its strings and I'm all ready for recordings some parts for the Rainbow Song.

It's curious that this title also applies to two other things which were the subjects of interest of the last post - the song's status and the thymic status. Today morning, I got up and checked my e-mails and I saw a lot of nice things. First of all, I read a lot of nice things about the lyric from my friends in GB. They liked it so much that they are requesting me to perform in front of them soon. More importantly though, I got responses from Rob, someone who really respect/admire/look upto in terms of music (despite he being a decade younger than me). He wrote that he and Jodi think that it's my best song yet. Of course, I had sent them the demo version (the one that I was unahappy about) and they loved it. I had sent it in for some suggestions from Rob. He thought that the song is perfect just the way it was.

I was very moved by all this. And I decided to work to improving with more vigour. I have done the entire vocal take once more. And it does sound much better. But I'm not stopping there. I'm getting in electric guitars and programmed drums in there. I've already all set for recording electric guitar parts. By tomorrow, I will have the software for making drum beats from S. I'm really excited about the entire thing. And I really hope to make you guys enjoy listening to this.

The turn-around with the song did help me with my thymic status as well. What really did make me feel good is a phone conversation with Mom. It had been a few days since we spoke and I hadn't returned a couple of missed calls yesterday because of my rather depressed state. I'm ruing that now after I heard what she said. Apparently, in the last couple of days or so, a few of my relatives had rang them up to tell them about what they thought of Noise Market. One of my cousins had spread the word and a few of them have listened to our MySpace tracks.

One of them, an elder cousin of my father, is professional singer. He used to recite Carnatic concerts which can still be heard on the AIR. He was totally overjoyed to know that I had taken up music seriously. He and his family are the only people left in my family who still pursue music and they were apparently impressed by what they heard. He asked my parents to support me in whichever way they can. He said that I will do them proud one day with my music. Now, that comment, coming from a professional musician in my family, the same people who I never really bothered to connect with, is special. I'm truly happy!

Finally, my family is proud of me being a musician! Despite all the 'distance' between myself and them, they have always been proud of my academics and the doctor thing. But they were never really bothered about what really mattered to me. I hope this is a step forward in slowly welcoming me, the true self, back.

(PS: Noise Market met up without the workbound S. and worked on a new tune. It is shaping up nicely. And yeah, we might have a gig later on ths month at Khalsa college. I'll confirm that soon.)

8 comments:

Prash said...

I don't know why...lately I am the first one to comment here. Feel very privileged & honored ~! ;-) LOL

Musician, doctor, activist...make mama proud ! ;-) LOL

pepe M. said...

thats awesome...and indeed a milestone...hugs

Kris Bass said...

@ Prash: I don't know why it's been like that. I wish I could provide you with i-pods!

@ Pepe: Thank you! (Hugs back)

Anonymous said...

Hehehe showered with good news. Great

and you will make your mama proud, am sure on tht Doc. :D
Ohh yeah Rocker :P

Kris Bass said...

@ BloggingKnight: Let me make Mama proud! Thank you for your support!

The Seeker said...

Yeah!!! Re-strung!
liked the title..... And Yeah me. It happens @times hot to christen things, thats a prolem with everyone n everything. Happy to know that your lyrics are well liked by everyone and congrats onn the praise from the professional people and on another note,

"But they were never really bothered about what really mattered to me." Thats People and thats life..

Take it as it is. well the usual Me "Accept people as they are and love them for what they are."

CHEERS!!! buddy

Anonymous said...

So, making the family proud :) Great going! Keep it up :D

Kris Bass said...

@ The Seeker: Thank you! Real life, eh? I know it's hard.

@ MyHeadTrip: It's a nice feeling! :)

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...