The darker side of me

This is shocking. I didn't expect such a response from you guys. I knew that the poem was a little too much to comprehend. But still, I expected a few guesses at least. Just one out of my 15.34 readers per week have tried to guess. What about the 14 others? I'll give you another day to get back to me about this. If I don't see any responses until then, I think I should stop writing poetry altogether.

Talking about the poem, I managed to compose a melody for it. It was one extremely difficult task to write something for it because I find the lines too hard to fit into one melodic scheme. The final result is as weird as the poem itself. The recording went okay as urges to kill myself after hearing myself sing the verses were quickly driven under. Okay, okay. I sing bad. I know. But I still try. Why must all the Olympians, and just them, get away with glory for trying?

Talking about trying, I tried to be a serious academician writer and wrote my first ever post for Mutiny.in. When I re-read it back after a series of edits by my editor (Professor X), I myself was surprised at the result. It looked so serious and unlike my regular rants that I now know for sure there is an evil spirit in my body. You can check out the post here and give your comments there or here.

Talking about comments, Vinokur was shocked to read the article. He says that the Kris that he knows has vanished and was replaced by another one of those zillion academicians out there. But it was heartening to know that he still loved me despite hearing me sing this new song. There is still a lot of hope left in this world after all!

8 comments:

Firebolt said...

Nice article, Kris! Although the writing style is quite different from your usual on your blog, it did not strike me very much. Maybe it is because I had been forewarned but perhaps also because I know it is possible for you to write such serious articles.

I tried posting a comment on that site itself but it showed some error everytime. I might convert that comment of mine into a blog entry and publish it in a day or two.

I'm sorry for replying so late on all your posts but I have lots of problem with Internet access, you see. I don't have a PC, GPRS costs a fortune and I just don't have time. This is why I don't come online much.

You've already written a melody for the song. That's good, then. Don't get so frustrated. The song is supposed to be a metal rock piece, right? So I think you should take it up with your Shoonyas bandmates and see what they make of it.

And whatever you might think that song to have turned into, I'll still like to listen to it.

Firebolt said...

Nice article, Kris! Although the writing style is quite different from your usual on your blog, it did not strike me very much. Maybe it is because I had been forewarned but perhaps also because I know it is possible for you to write such serious articles.

I tried posting a comment on that site itself but it showed some error everytime. I might convert that comment of mine into a blog entry and publish it in a day or two.

I'm sorry for replying so late on all your posts but I have lots of problem with Internet access, you see. I don't have a PC, GPRS costs a fortune and I just don't have time. This is why I don't come online much.

You've already written a melody for the song. That's good, then. Don't get so frustrated. The song is supposed to be a metal rock piece, right? So I think you should take it up with your Shoonyas bandmates and see what they make of it.

And whatever you might think that song to have turned into, I'll still like to listen to it.

Kris Bass said...

@ Firebolt: I have read and responded to your comment there. I'm looking for that post anyways.

You don't have to apologize. Come on, it's fine! :)

The song has already taken most of it's destined shape. It's not sounding to 'metal'lic. Instead, it fits into my usual style of Alternative rock. But this has the weirdest of the chord progression and melodic structure that I have ever used. I'll be posting it soon!

And I'll look forward to your comments.

Dr. Ally Critter said...

A very well written piece- that article. And somehow I feel, that your not so "academic" posts here also carry that undercurrent. Keep on writing. And thinking.
I promise to luk.

Kris Bass said...

@ @lankr1ita: Thank you! I will sure keep on writing!

kaleidoscope said...

Pathetic is the word.

"If I don't see any responses until then, I think I should stop writing poetry altogether"

Gosh! Are you writing to please an audience or is it an expression attempting to find an audience? If all poets (read creative minded people) thought like you, this world would be dry and absolutely miserable (like your temperamental rants)!

"(...)Kris (...) replaced by another one of those zillion academicians out there"

Do I read someone being patronizing here? I mean, what is this about "me" (the creative) versus "them" (the boring serious academic writers)?

Tragic.

Kris Bass said...

@ Kush: Chill dude! I was just joking. That's my drama queen mode post. And even though I feel this way momentarily, this is not the actual me. I'm not going to stop writing poetry. And nobody's patronizing anything.

But now I think your comment was also intended in humor! ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been out of town away from my computer so i missed the "poem" until now. I don't know anything about the X-men, except for a foray into this blog a year or so ago, when I was the amazing L.Tart. Pretending to be a comic book character was a little too much for me, though.
Re the poem: What I thought initially was it was about a bright & burning idea or an epiphany (the feeling not the holiday). About how an idea or an epiphany can save us.

I hope when you put it to a song, you will share with us.

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...