Chocolate Rain

I am kinda slow, you know. Vinokur is slow too, but just a little faster. He caught up with this raging internet phenomenon of 'Chocolate Rain' yesterday. Originally published in early 2007 as a song written and performed by 'Tay Zonday' in a YouTube video, it shot to fame in 2007 thereby earning a celecbrity status to Tay. I, someone who does similar stuff of posting my own songs on the internet, got to know about that today. It's weird! Watch it!

This song's gotten 29 million views on you tube. It's the single most popular song played on the planet!

7 comments:

Stray said...

I have no clue how this number became so popular.

Out of the 29 million hits the song has received on YouTube, a million would've been from me - just checking to see why and how the song gels with popular culture.

Conclusion - I think its a serious waste of time.

Get a life, Kris! ;)

Just Hooking Up said...

hmmm...i dont get it either! but there are plenty of things i dont get :)

savante said...

I figure everyone's just checking the song out so it's become more popular.

Anyway, don't yet see the resemblance to Storm. I need to see ya in a white mohawk first :)

But how would you get the mohawk into the OT cap?

Kris Bass said...

@ Stray: I have just watched the video once. I love the 'I move away from the mic to breath in' bit!

Get a life? LOL!

@ JustHookingUp: I didn't like the song on the first listen.

@ Savante: Yeah, I know. But again, it's funny!

Don't you think the dark skin and the white eyes are of any resemblance? Well, I'm not that stylish yet! ;)

Just Hooking Up said...

..you mean resemblance to you? Oh puh-lease! you are way way better looking...

Anonymous said...

That song's literally DRIPPING of Racism... heard the lyrics?

Kris Bass said...

@ IndiaPavan: Check out the Wiki entry about him and the song!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...