Sweetness from New York

For those of you who don't know me well enough, this might not be boring. And the rest, well, you will just have to act cool and pretend that you enjoyed this.

Since I and Vinokur fell in love a year or so back, we wanted to meet each other badly. Fair, anyone would say. Even animals would want to do that. [But, do animals fall in love?] We made our initial plans to meet up for our common birthday which falls in early November. But that did not work out and the visit was postponed to late February this year. Since I'm a brown, Indian boy with a beard but without savings in the bank (read 'no VISA'), we decided that he would fly down to Mumbai first and live happily ever after with me.

For that we had a masterplan; new apartment with the faintest tinge of luxury etc. But because of his extensive back-ground of health problems, the three week stay in India was far from memorable. It included hospital admissions and resulted in an extensive period of amnesia. These days, during our conversations, I periodically check if he has started getting back those memories. Yesterday, I asked him which was his most memorable moment during this visit.

He said 'The first time we kissed each other at the apartment.'

As you would expect me to, I asked him to elaborate his version.

He said 'I kissed you passionately!'

I was shocked. I wanted more background, more build up and attention of minor details like the lighting, smell etc. I asked if he could be more descriptive, like a writer. What he said in response startled me. And it made me laugh hard.

'My lips met yours. Mine were below my nose and yours were below your nose.'

This is the kind of humor that he has. It's hard to get I know. But still, what can you do to such a guy but love him!

13 comments:

flygye12 said...

ha ha ha i love this guy :D

Prash said...

NYC is a city that I'd love to live there for a while (visiting NYC doesn't appeal to me much...I want to live there...dreams dreams dreams...)

Since I'm a brown, Indian boy with a beard but without savings in the bank (read 'no VISA')

I knew it and I understand !

you are very demanding...asking petty details...Thank God, I am not your BF...but I really admire Vinokur's sense of humor

Anonymous said...

I talked to my best friend who is a nympho from sweden and she said if you want the guy just tell him you swallow and to act like you're into
"Primus" and "Jako Pastorius?"

The swallowing worked for her, she got a really cool husband out of it. I don't think I want to swallow, not the first date anyway, but I can pretend to be cool and into Guitar Rock --does air guitar count?

Anyway she also said to be really sneaky and wait till your defenses are down. That I can do.

-Quested

Kris Bass said...

@ Fly: :)

@ Prash: Yeah, NYC is my fav city too. And I think I can live there. With my love too!

I'm demanding. But I was just playing around with him. And he did fool me.

Kris Bass said...

@ Quested: What's with the swallowing? Everyone swallows... if what you mean is what I figure.

I'm not into either Primu or Jaco Pastorius. But I see your strategy. Try lisetening to my radio on the right side bar. Air guitar is more my thingy.

And be sneaky. Surprise me. :)

Anonymous said...

You can count on me Mr.Bass. I'm going to make sneaky a way of life --like the NY times. Listen, I got lots of pressing work that takes me away for a week. I'm going to miss filling this little white box with witty obnoxious banter and my full time gig as your border line psycho stalker --don't let any of these other boys take my place, they all want what i want but they are too nice to admit it. I have marked you with my invisible scent so they need to stay back. But no need to worry, the time away will fill me with new and endearing ways to make you see the light and be my valentine.

--Miss. Adela Quested

pepe M. said...

sweet Vinokur and mushpot kris!
and yup i do swallow *gross*

Kris Bass said...

@ Quested: We are going to miss you here. And I'll ward these boys off. Don't you worry sweet-heart.

@ Pepe: I'm not a mushpot. Come on, I was playing the physician. Checking if my patient is remembering more.

(PS: Who doesn't swallow, eh? At least here on this blog?)

Prash said...

playing around...fooling around...so sweet ! ;-)

mystiquedew said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...thats the cutest :) :)

Kris Bass said...

@ Prash: Thank you!

@ Mystique: He is cute!

Anonymous said...

hehe sweet Vinokur...

his reply really brought me smile... You are lucky!!

Kris Bass said...

@ BloggingKnight: Believe me, he's seriously funny. And I do pinch myself occassionally to confirm that I really have him as mah lova!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...