A Reminder - Shoonyas Live!

For those in Mumbai, who have all their evenings barren with nothing on their agenda (the sorry souls), might find this useful. My English rock band Shoonyas are playing tomorrow at D’ultimate in Andheri (W). We will be playing along side a couple of other bands, one being Zero. If we don’t offer you any attraction, at least Zero should.

If you are wondering what we play – well we play acoustic covers of songs by Police, Aerosmith, Duran Duran, Metallica, U2, Oasis, Nirvana, Hoobastank, Nickelback etc. All kinds of people (yes – men (24), women (19), adolescents (12), old people (2), midgets (1) etc) have attended our gigs and felt satisfied (mildly, at least).

The entry is free. We show is scheduled to start at 7.30 pm. Feel free and drop by to enjoy some good music. Plus you could always watch me strike weird mouth positions (and gestures; like this) while attempting to sing (in vain). Just give me a buzz on the blog/e-mail after you decide so that I can prepare myself to meet you. (Add this event to your FaceBook.)

(PS: For your convenience, I have started a gig calendar on the side bar so as to avoid such embarrassing posts.)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaah... too bad you play there.

and entry is free??? hmmm but abt drinks?? hehehe :P

Firebolt said...

Aaah... The Police, Metallica, U2, Oasis, Nirvana, Hoobastank and Nickelback... *mmm*... I wish I could be there.

Anonymous said...

fine. don't come to delhi to perform.

I get the point.

:P

Kris Bass said...

@ BK: I'm sure meant something else but I was wondering for a long time how you knew that D'ulitmate isn't really the ultimate coolest place to play in.

@ Firebolt: I knew it would interest you. You will be one day.

@ Chandni: We will come hon! At least Noise Market! Let our album get released!

Anonymous said...

good luck with the show--bring down the house.
--dh

Prash said...

Why do you feel embarrassed to write such a post ?

Good luck for your show !

Entre Free (any pun intended ?!?) LOL

Kris Bass said...

@ Hines: Thanks! But we won't bring the house down. Zero will!

@ Prash: Well, Prash. Isn't it kinda self-promotional? I feel so at least. And the entry is actually free. It's just a promotional gig.

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

You should stream this on the internet for all of us "barren" people in other cities.

Snob. Hmph.

Kris Bass said...

What an Idea sirjee!

Anonymous said...

Don't be silly, I heard you're stuff and you said yourself you like the shoonya's so your going to do great!

pepe M. said...

waaaaaaaaa, you gonna play Hoobastank!pls play the reason for me...thats our song!

please do come here in chennai! i promise i gonna gather audience for you ;)

Kris Bass said...

@ Anonymous: Well, lets say we could be a lot better with a lot more practice.

@ Pepe: Yes, reason is a song we cover. But Shoonyas are an acoustic cover band. So we play a different version. I guess you'll like it still. Honey, arrange for a gig in Chennai (and Delhi) for that matter and give us a call.

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...