Random updates

I do realize that the frequency of updates of my blog per day are sometimes more than the number of times Britney Spears checks in and out of rehab per week. I also know that it isn't funny. The Britney Spears part at least. Come on, she's also a human being. We can't make her the butt of jokes always. Only on select occasions like this scene when Leonidus kicks her into the Spartan Pit of Death. That is funny! Digression over.

To save me the blushes of having to post posts (1 , 2) about posts, I have added a new widget titled (as cornily as ever) 'Recently Engayged'. Geez, I do hope you don't get tired of my sleazy word play. Digression over.

The actual Random Updates:
  • My fellow band mates have done some tweaking of the template etc for the Noise Market blog. I would like my esteemed blog audience to take a look there, and post comments about updates here. Honestly, I didn't like it. And I want to make sure that I'm not the only weirded out one. Be candid please.

  • For those who want to check out some more pictures of the Queer Azaadi pride march last Saturday in Mumbai Check out these - Albums 1, 2 and 3. If there are generous souls out there, please spread the message around.

  • My girlfriend May recently joined one of the most reputed hospitals in India as a resident of Clinical Haematology. It is really cool. It was her ambition for a long time. But the really cool part isn't that. She gets Wi-Fi all around the campus. Yesterday I saw her Facebooking and G-chatting while she sat at the OPD. After she finished her patients that is. Ain't that cute?

  • I managed to detect the onset of attraction towards another man and nipped it right in the bud. Yes fellows, that's how it is done. I confessed both to this new guy from Bangalore and Vinokur yesterday and all have agreed to keep things in check. The actual culprit is a photograph on his Facebook profile which triggered the feeling. And this is what he said "Thankfully, we are both bottoms! And far enough from each other to keep it platonic!" In another message, he added "Am into hard core stuff. So you are pretty safe!"

  • Yesterday night, was a bloody homicide in my apartment. Well, maybe not technically. It happened while I was sleeping. The blood is splattered all over the floor. I didn't call the police. Instead, I picked the corpse up, put it in a plastic bag and dumped it. Nice and easy. Totally professional. Now, I'm mopping the stains up. :)

  • For those who actually started shaking in dread, the rat's dead.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was not a rat, that was my cousin hector, it's tough being short and hairy.

"hard core stuff" ehh?
in the words of Maya Angelou, "When a man tells you who he is, believe him."



http://whatwouldjudyblumedo.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

so no more rat-centric posts :-) Thank God!

U r amazingly expressive..at least here online..ur posts/writings r always in sync with ur thought-process..

Crazy Sam said...

I honestly liked the template of the Noise Market blog. But the argument I have is, it's just another plain blog template. When a music band has their own blog, it's gotta be having a kick. You know what I mean? You guys could very well hire a web designer like most of the bands do. But nevertheless, I think that layout is cool and you're being unfair! :P

Yesterday night, I was taken aback seeing a rat in our home. He was a large one. But as always, I didn't have the nerve to kill him. So I watched as he disappeared into darkness. I guess today he is definitely gonna meet his end if my mother sees him.

Kris Bass said...

@ Monsieur Hines: Hector? Yay, now I know who I killed! Now I'll have to look up that reference as well. Darn! :P

@ Swats: Thank you! Vinokur says that I'm always expressive. But it's hard to get me most of the times in real life.

@ Crazy Sam: Sammy boy, you are a genius at blog templates aren't you? Did you get yours done by someone?

About our band, we are just starting out. We'll have to do better.

Mortein Rat-Kill cakes work. But they mess up, as is evident from my post.

Vee said...

Good post indeed...

CMC is quite good actually

Kris Bass said...

@ Oxy: I know! I'm proud of her!

Anonymous said...

Hmm i liked the template Kris, but still room for improvements. I guess background image and post color doesn't blend so well.
Otherwise its good, simple and beautiful.
But you got to be careful, just to make it kickass don't put everything from Java to Ajax and all. Because then that would make it heavy to load and plus, too many things at one place doesn't look so good.

Kris Bass said...

@ BK: Hmm, I see. So I'm weird after all.

To everyone - Do you get the caption? Don't you think it is wrong?

Anonymous said...

Oh don't think tht way Kris. You are not weird. Just presenting different view doesn't make you weird.

And now your shorbazar has changed its layout? Hmm??I like the header picture. It rocks :P
But abt caption: i think its kinda weird. (here i use it :P) I don't know why, i didn't much like it. (may be i am weird now :D )

Kris Bass said...

I'm sorry guys. It seems like my band mates are doing work. I have suggested to try templates out at a sample blog.

Crazy Sam said...

Nope, it was already made available on the net and then I "sammified" it. I have replied to your comment on my blog about what to do with this blog's layout.

Kris Bass said...

I'll take a look. And I need some basic advice as well. Can we exchange e-mails?

Crazy Sam said...

Yeah, but let me remind you that I can't even be qualified as a novice.

Kris Bass said...

Okay. So how did you get it done?

Crazy Sam said...

Are you trying to imply that you didn't like the template treasure and the template that I suggested? :-o

Kris Bass said...

Well, I liked a few of them. But I need to tweak it right? I was wondering how you tweaked them to Sammize them.

Crazy Sam said...

You are asking me for the answer that I also have difficulty dealing with. How I wish I knew css! What I do is once I get the template code, I read it. Most of them are commented saying this code is for this, this code is for that. You go through the code and then try changing the code (like changing the font, the background colour, removing a line, padding of the post etc.), one by one previewing the result after each change. It is a long process, I know. You need patience which I know you'll be having a lot, since you come from medical field. And before doing any change, don't forget to back up the template. Then even if you screw it up, you still can rollback to the stable one.

Kris Bass said...

@ Crazy Sam: Yeah, I get it. I never really bothered about comments though. Anyway, I'll soon work on one of these. Thanks for the tips!

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...