The problem of publicity

There are a few times that I wish my blog weren't public. Today is one. The irony of the situation is that I can't even blog about why it is so. I wish there was a secret language for bloggers or something like that with which I could tell you guys about what I want to tell.

Anyway, Noise Market headed to the studio in the evening. We were supposed to hear and get a copy of the final mixes of our album today. We did get to hear it, but we didn't get the CD! And guess why? Because our record label hasn't paid the bills for the studio yet!

The fact that I can't bitch about it too much is why I need to use some sort of ciphers. In fact, I have been wanting to complain about this for some time now. These guys haven't paid us as well despite having promised a lot. And that too, 3 months have elapsed since. There is a lesson be learned; the entertainment industry is like this. And we can't do anything about it.

So what did I end up with? Some recordings of the songs on my mp3 player (using the mic that it has) which will not serve as material for critique! Tomorrow, the first thing that we are going to do is to ring up the label and explain about our plight. I hope that will set the stage for some radical changes.

I must admit that this post is so downcast and sobby that it really dampens the day in which we listen to rough mixes of 9 of the 10 tracks of our first album. We felt really good, and proud... because our dreams were, after all, coming true.

(PS: for anyone who's good at html, there is a lot of 'truth' in the code.)

7 comments:

Crazy Sam said...

Haha! I got the 'truth'. Must say, that was a smart move. I probably be using your idea to hide some treasures in my blog.

Well, sometimes I too wished that I was just Crazy Sam, not a person whom my close friends know otherwise. Coz when I need to blog about certain things, but not comfortable about letting them know, I'm in a fix and I end up writing a vague impression about the whole issue. (I know when you wished your blog weren't public, you just want that entry to be seen only by you and Vinokur :P)

flygye12 said...

and u think other's won't know how to read the 'truth' in ur html???

congrats man ! when do we get to hear the cd? put short previews on some widgets :)

Kris Bass said...

@ Sam: No, not just for me and Vinokur. It's meant for everyone sans the record label.

@ Fly: Not the casual observers anyway! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea about htlm. I guess your secret will remain safe, cause I sure cant tell what it is :)

A well wisher in NYC

Kris Bass said...

I'll give you an e-mail explaining! @ AWWiNYC!

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

The truth shall set you free.

So this is where those html classes pay off!!

Congrats!!

Kris Bass said...

I didn't take any html classes though. Always preferred slogging alone! ;) And who wants to think of actually attending a class when your teacher can be as good as the Internet itself?

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...