The picnic at 'Doctor's farm'

Today (3rd of August), Friendship Day, oozed with fun. 1 hour and 20 minutes of sleep before a relaxing picnic might not be your idea of fun, but as some of you might be knowing, hyposomnolence (noun: a state of lack of sleep, etymology: Engayging Life, the blog) does wonders for me like increased libido, a certain level of happiness etc. I felt that it improved the overall experience of the picnic.

We went to a place called 'Doctor's Farm' in Kolad (somewhere between Mumbai and Pune, as one of the tired organizers explained to me on our way back. I doubted the authenticity of that claim and I was correct) in a bus and accompanying me were the gayest and the cutest men you will ever see. Drown in the misery of envy and jealousy (;) that was intended for a few fellow bloggers)!

I and him caught up with a lot of our lives as the bus meandered across Mumbai, halting at the various 'pick-up points' in the city to 'pick-up' gay men interested in 'fun'. And the 'fun' did start as the bus took the highway with Antaaksharis and stuff. Hence, whilst the ladies were having a giant blue whale of a time, I started off with my photo shoots. I took a lot of pictures of the guys gays in various positions of howling, wailing, yapping and yowling.

Confession: I suck at Antaakshari. I think it can be attributed to my relative abstinence from Bollywood music for the many yeas. All I know are a few songs which I listened to in my childhood. Besides, I somehow find the 'tone-deaf' singing hard to fathom.

Soon it was time for introductions which were nothing but charming. One of the core members of GB, who has the wiliest shade of sense of humor and a tendency to flourish even in his 'digs' stood by the introductee to help 'come out' to the crowd. A sample: a guy with a place without the boy friend would be asked to mention the charge rates for 'happy hours', 'midnight charges' etc. Everyone, including the most reluctant of all newbies were laughing, baring and sharing themselves; this is what these parties are for and that's where GB seems to achieve what it strives so hard to: to provide gays a safe & comfortable environment to get comfortable with their sexuality.

In about 3 hours after the start, we reached our destination: a beautiful countryside with the fantasy land look with meadows, streams, waterfalls. The air was hot and humid or else, it would just like a dream. At the farm house, at least I was surprised to see the facilities. A relatively equipped kitchen/restaurant, good toilets/bathrooms and huge dorm like rooms (something that you would have seen in dreams about orgies) complimented the garden and lounging place.

The frolic lingered on during the breakfast and the changing session (where young, attractive gays get together in this big dorm room to undress themselves and then to put on skimpy swimming attire) which was highlighted by the catwalk of the queens. I, despite being as un-queen-y and grace-less as Prince Charles, did the walk too - and received insane amounts of cheering - much misplaced I presume. I was loaned a t-shirt and a pair of shorts by the aforementioned bundle of wit which saved me the blemishes of my lack of preparedness for the picnic.

In a ride simulating the African safaris; just replace wild grazing animals with wild 'gay'zing men, we were tempo-ported to the stream and waterfall. We were surprisingly not alone there. Other picnic groups and a group of native children were enjoying nature downstream. 50 out of the 52 strong group jumped into the cool, calming stream. I myself was a little scared of slipping in the mossy rock and injuring myself. The two hours spent hence can't be put in words. Even those were a little shy at the outset unshackled themselves to enjoy.

I, after an hour and a half in the water, some of which was spent under and behind the waterfall, decided to get out and take some snaps. I don't think I really needed to say anything more lest for the chance to make someone else feel sorry about what they were missing out: beautifully sculptured, near-naked bodies of handsome gay men draped in virtually nothing posing for me! Honestly, I didn't expect to be enjoying taking photos of them! But did I have fun!

Four of them (including) him, were very good at posing and I was able to take some shots worthy of magazine covers and center-spreads. The others, even a little unsure and couth in their way, posed for me. The only thing which sort of chucked away a little bit of fun was some gerontophobic comments from almost everyone in our group about a group of older men bathing nearby. I did try to vocalize my protests but soon rested my case.

Back at the farm, another wet-dream of regular gays transpired as most showered (not in common showers, ladies) and got dressed. After a very tasty lunch, I showed many how handsome they looked in the photos. Soon, we were playing 'Dumb Charades'. I realized a startling fact: gay men are really the best in such games with their intelligence, charm and talents showing through. That took us through to tea and it was time to leave.

I, by then, was feeling rather tired and moody and reclused to my phone where I spent time checking my e-mail and blogs. The energy of the group hardly feel though as I heard spasms of laughter every few seconds in the Truth or Dare and Antaakshari games.

All in all, a fantastic experience. One, in which I confirmed that gay men are tons more fun than straight men. The Friendship Day in which I made a few good friends, I wish I could mention the names to thank (to [F. C.], [D.], [S. H.], [M. R.], [N. N. R.]). And I got to know better of my already-befriended ones ([H. G.], [U. S.], [A.], [S. J.], [H. J.], [S. B.]).

And I'm already looking forward to next picnic.

(PS: A very happy and not-so-very-belated Friendship Day!)

12 comments:

flygye12 said...

and where is the link to ur picassa album? :)

Kris Bass said...

I'm applying for a photographer post in a magazine 'Gay Sltutz'. Let me get their response. If they don't take me in, I'll post the links. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thats very unfair Kris. Putting magazine in front of us? **angry face with hands folding**

Anyway, you had so much fun... am jealous :P lol

waiting for pictures!!

flygye12 said...

GB trek photos u had put up without anyone's asking.just because u got some nudey pics u acting pricey huh? i'll call up and tell that magazine not to allow u to publish. :)

ps: y not send us the links individually by mail ;)

Kris Bass said...

To clarify things, I can't post all of the snaps to you guys. Technically, I can't post anything which has anybody else but me. The trek photos were a blunder in hind-sight.

I'll post the photos sans the nudity in a link soon. But I'm rifling through 315 photos to get the good ones.

Hope you understand.

And besides, I am mean. I really am! LOL ;)

flygye12 said...

oh ho! you got serious buddy. its ur choice whether u want to post the pics or not.

btw i was watching those fotos again n there are two guys whom i seem to know.now how to check with you i wonder?

Kris Bass said...

Simply, comment on the photos. And send the links to the photos. Or the numbers.

Am I not intelligent?

flygye12 said...

yes u are

pepe M. said...

waaaaaaaaa! wanna be posted in mumbai! argh!

Kris Bass said...

Awww, isn't he sweet @ Pepe!

Anonymous said...

I guess, you should not post pics without people's consents....

"gaymanpartner"

Kris Bass said...

I agree partner! ;)

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...