The party

You don't often get to see/feel/know me like this; when I'm high. I'm high in the drunken sense. I don't usually drink. And I'm (well, I was at least), forcibly (by my own will), off of alcohol for the lat 4 months or so. So, make use of this wonderful opportunity.

Despite my monetary setbacks, I decided to attend the gay party arranged by GB (Gay Bombay). The party was happening at a Sports Bar next to my apartment really. That was one more reason. Actually, something positive had happened in the studio where I met my band mates and our audio engineer. I felt optimistic. I felt sure that things were actually going to go good for me. With that I mean, my band and my monetary situation. That had made me decide to ride my wave and attend the party. And boy, did it not turn out to be wonderful!

To put things in perspective, I had a torrid time at the gay party about 2 months back. Despite being gay, I don't enjoy 'dance' music or the actual 'dancing' part. So, I had a torrid time at the last party. No real 'quality' people to hang out and talk with. To summarize, I left the party before the half-way mark.

Tonight, it was different. I was one of the first persons. The confidence of the mini-success in the music field was paying off. Don't forget the beard/moustache part (I was clean shaven at the last party and thereby, got ignored as another twink!). I met a lot of new people. Very interesting people. Some old friends like this guy. New doctors. New Dads. New friends. Everything was fantastic. I even managed to dance with a cool blogger. Mind you, I never dance. I'm clumsy and a-choreotic when it comes to dancing.

I met 2 mallus and 2 people entwined with the music industry. Call that lady luck! And, I also met at least four older men, all of whom were 'in a relationship'. One of such relationships, a very, very cute couple who had flown all the way from 'Chennai' to attend the party, was one which struck me as being so ironically, coincidentally similar to mine. It was an older, American boyfriend, bald with a beard, who lived in New York who fell in love with a younger, cute, South Indian man who is a doctor!

Hello dear Goddess! I don't want such a degree of replicability! I am proud, and ergo, I need to be authentic and unique!

To top it all, I decided to go to the GB friendship day picnic, which starts in about 4 hours.

Good luck with sleeping and waking up, Kris!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck indeed! :)

Have you ever read that T-shirt slogan.. " I am unique just like every one else"?

Kris Bass said...

Thanks, but I don't think I can sleep!

Kris Bass said...

@ T-shirt : No. But, why?

flygye12 said...

have a nice time at the picnic. (where are u going btw? there are no good picnicky places in bombay .lol)

Kris Bass said...

Some place called Kolad. It's good till now!

Crazy Sam said...

You met mallus?? OMG I'm so gonna faint now... I bet that south indian doctor was a mallu!

The Line of Beauty said...

I am mallu myself but only half:)..And I feel mallus have highest libido ( never got to test this theory)

party and picnic that sounds fun

flygye12 said...

@kris: wats happening? u not twittering anymore :D i guess u beginnin to enjoy the picinic finally

@TLOB: you are half MALLOOO !!!

[eyes pop out in disbelief]

what happened to ganga-jamuna ki tehzeeb etc etc ?

The Line of Beauty said...

@flygye--> Hehehe...so you know, now, why I hate any stereotypes!!

I am as much part of Ganga- Jamuni Tehzeeb, urdu loving, mersia listening tribe as I am true blue half mallu worth his odak meen..

But. haven't I mentioned this thousand times already, last being telling you the reason why I love GOST

flygye12 said...

okay i admit i haven't read ur blog completely, my mistake :)

Kris Bass said...

@ CrazySam: No he wasn't. He was a tamil I guess! And, I realize that we're cool and all. But what's with the excitement?

Kris Bass said...

@ TLOB: Well, half Mallu needs more explaining. Or reading of the TLOB blog.

If you judge a state by the amount of sexual activity per capita, we (The Mallus and Kerala) rule! It's a fact. No questions expected. And if that and libido go proportinately (they should), we have the highest libido!

Kris Bass said...

@ TLOB: Well, half Mallu needs more explaining. Or reading of the TLOB blog.

If you judge a state by the amount of sexual activity per capita, we (The Mallus and Kerala) rule! It's a fact. No questions expected. And if that and libido go proportinately (they should), we have the highest libido!

Kris Bass said...

@ fly: about twitter, no mobile range. And waterfalls and streams where we dipped/bathed.

Crazy Sam said...

My excitement? Seriously do I need to spell it out for you??
I fucken adore mallus! There!

Kris Bass said...

Aah, the luxuries of being a Mallu!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Being High is just awesome, y'know. Though I don't know how awesome being "super" high would be at a gay party :S

You've posted some good advice up there! Facial hair, eh? Will keep in mind for my first G.Party, if it ever happens...

Hope you enjoyed the Picnic.. do write in about that :)

Anonymous said...

Hehe hope you had great time. Know am late to reply here...but still....

btw, can anyone help me describing what is Mallu means? I mean which ethnicity is tht? **just wonder***

Kris Bass said...

@ Unsung: Being in control is my kinda 'high'. I mean, I should act as if I'm not high.

What advice unsung? The facial hair part maybe something that only I would relate to.

I loved the picnic. But I don't know where to start writing.

@BloggingKnight: I had a great time. And 'Mallu' is the slang for 'Keralaite' or 'Malayalee'. They mean anything which is from Kerala. People, food, culture, men etc.

PS: Do stop wondering. Especially when you are talking to the expert.

Anonymous said...

hey, i just spent the last hour or so reading ur blog posts. u write in a very engaging manner :)
good luck with the band, V and if an anon opinion matters, then i'd go with a stubble

Kris Bass said...

@ AP: I'm glad that the posts served the purpose of the blog's title. And all opinion matters! Why don't you vote on the side polls?

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...