Mucho mejor*

If you don't know what rapid cyclers are, then you can observe me. Yesterday night and today morning I was neck deep in depression. Tonight, I'm back to normalcy. A few darned posts and a lot of blog-commenting in morning set the tone for the day. Since then, I discovered the criminal rodent infestation zone and I managed to clear it.

Believe me folks, cleaning rat-excreta isn't all that cool. It is unfortunate that the rodent chose its abode as the corner at the foot-end of my bed. That's the reason why it stank that bad! Just that gave me the motivation to finish up the rest of my chores and voila, the apartment smells much better now.

In the evening, I went out to pay my Vodafone bills. Much to my surprise, I had a little 'machine trouble' at the kiosk and I was pleasantly reminded of this post by Nikhil.

Tonight was Noise Market's first practice session after the gig. We practiced well for an hour or so and then sat down to dissect our performance at the gig. It was a very productive discussion and we managed to plan our strategy for the coming months. We are focussing on getting slots at colleges (IITs et al) on a national stage. (I would be grateful to anyone who cold help us find the contacts of the organizing persons for these gigs.)

Tomorrow onwards, it's going to Shoonyas practice. Yes, it's been a long time. About 2 months since we played live. But this time, it is going to be special. We are playing along with Zero, the biggest rock band from Mumbai. Unfortunately though, Zero has announced that it is probably going to be their last gig together as they want to go their individual ways.

It is bitter-sweet really. When I came to Mumbai, Zero were one of my inspirations. In the first two years, I could only dream of playing in a band. And now, like an anti-climax to the realization of a dream, I'm going to be playing alongside them at their last gig! I'm proud!

For those interested, you can catch Shoonyas (which of course is a pseudonym) & Zero at D'Ultimate in Andheri (W) on the 22nd of August from 7.30 pm onwards. This is a little snippet about the gig in today's Mumbai Mirror.

(*Translated to English as 'much better' - courtesy Vinokur)

8 comments:

Prash said...

When I saw the title I thought you speak spanish ! Now, I know why I like Vinokur ! ;-) (don't make that jealous face, just kidding yaar!)

Glad to know that you are doing better...

I really admire your patience (cf: rat crises)

Anonymous said...

Hello, Hi, yeah, well I guess I might as well get right to it. Quested met with an accident --she had too many of those stuffed pizza's with the cheese in the crust, there was like a special, you buy one you get three free. Anyway she ate them all by herself and died of severe constipation. This is her friend Duncan who will be filling in for her, sad to say her her sick infatuations died with her. I know that she will be missed --Duncan.

Kris Bass said...

@ Prash: I now know that you are biased to people who speak foreign languages. Hmmmph, I'm not too sure I like it. But thank you anyway! And Vinokur approves of your liking to him. He like Mallu boys!

@ Duncan: It will take a year or two for me to come out of morning. When's the funeral? And what's your full name?

Anonymous said...

her body has been donated to science, to one of those cadaver farms where they see how long it takes her to melt --it's Duncan Hines.

Kris Bass said...

Fuck, you know what? I really miss her! And I'm very curious as to how she looked. She had a crush on me and stuff. Hines, could you please send me a photograph of her in the E-mail?

Anonymous said...

sorry I had a massive laugh attack, when you called me Hines. I flashbacked to a great John Water's movie called Polyester, Hines was Edith Massy's driver. It's a laugh riot. Well, I can look around for one, surely there's a picture of the menonpause hag somewhere, i think she had a couple of requests of you too right? Let's just do an even trade, out of respect to the old bitch --man the english sure are weird right?

Anonymous said...

Sign me on as your publicist/manager, pay me a modest retainer every month and I will make you guys famous! :)

Kris Bass said...

Scratching his bearded chin! You know what you could do for us, spread the news on your blog! And maybe get us gigs in Chennai ;)

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...