Vinokur's health

These days, when I meet those people who know that I’m gay and I am in a relationship, ask me ‘How are things going on with Vinokur?’ It’s almost as if the rest of my life is so painful due to finances and results that I have to be reminded of something nice. And I say to those kind, understanding tones in my kind tone ‘He’s much better. He’s improving. Now that the exams require me to stay back in India, we are planning to meet up once more in India.’

Actuality is different. Vinokur isn’t getting better. He has a lot more problems that before. He’s got extreme degree of what I diagnose as Cervical spondylosis and have neuropathic features in both his upper limbs. Such features are so severe that he is gradually losing his motor power.

The sad fact is that despite me urging him to see an Orthopod, nothing ever seems to happen. Things are so fucked up in the US health scenario that a person like Vinokur finds it daunting to go for such a check up. Let’s not just blame Uncle Sam, but even Vinokur is at fault. He’s not motivated enough to see someone because of the ‘waiting’ and ‘bureaucracy’ and ‘insurance issues’ involved.

Come on! Give me a break! Somebody is getting paralysed and nothing is happening! That can’t go on! Simply can’t!

Finally, I managed a breakthrough by forcing Vinokur to seek an appointment with an Orthnopod. The appointment is not until next Monday.

You know, sometimes I feel powerless sitting in my chair, blogging about things from Mumbai; a few oceans, sharks and mountains away from the love of my life. I’m an Orthopaedic surgeon in the making and I can’t have any effect on my lover’s Orthopaedics health just because of the non-proximity.

I at least hope that Sahaab, who, by the way, has already started his residency in Brooklynn, NY would take care of this issue in the future!

After all, I and Vinokur have to live happily ever after, haven’t we?

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...