Recording starts

It is unreal, folks. I was pinching myself when I was walking up the staircase which led to the little dining area after a recording session – ‘Boy, am I really living this dream’. We are actually! We are recording our first album in one of the best studios in Mumbai. We have been blessed to have one of the best audio engineers/producers that the industry has and working with him has been a pleasure.

However, we have all had our personal disasters. I had this tragedy of my 2 year old Ibanez five string bass giving up on me on the first day at the studios. It was showing signs of cramping up but we didn’t expect it to do so on this auspicious occasion. What that resulted in was a few hours of uncertainty which ended up in a pleasant surprise as the music shop that’s helping us with the gear gave me a brand new Warwick (starter series) bass to record with! Now, this bass on my new amp/cabinet combo sounds brilliant! It’s a little diffiult to play as it is not player-tuned yet. Even so!

Even others have issues. Rob’s new Taylor acoustic guitar also seems to have an ‘action’ problem. On top of that, Rob has relapsing pain/numbness on the left hand which keeps him tied down. Dash has a fulminant (not that fulminant) lower respiratory tract infection which is making him not attend the sessions.

All in all, the recording, despite these little setback is going to plan. We’re sounding real good! I hope this CD will earn us critical and public appraisal.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...