Kris Bass, M. B. B. S., M. S. Ortho (failed) Mumbai

It’s been a couple of months almost since my exams got over and the results weren’t out yet! Seems incredibly unbelievable, but it was true. Well, until today morning. I got a call from one of my college mates asking me if I was in Mumbai. I said yes. He said that ‘all of us’ needed to give the exam application forms again. I aksed him why? He said, we simply have to give again.

Then it dawned on me to ask him if the results had come. He said yes. He also said the aforementioned ‘us’ (inclusive of me and him and 5 other students; ie. 7 out of 11 students) had failed the exams and needed to give the exams again in November. I didn’t flinch, I didn’t have a single tear running down my right cheek. Nope! I was cool, calm and composed and I talked him out of his depression. I told him to chill it! We made a date to meet tomorrow at the college to fill in the form etc.

After I hung up, I called my folks and my sister. I broke the news to them. My Dad flinched on the phone. Yeah, I was almost proud to have been the reason for his astrological predictions fall apart. My Mom was sad and hopeful. My sister was supportive. I called the guys who had cleared the exam who just had M. S. Ortho tagged to their names forever. They were in a state of depression/shock as well because of the amazing 75% failure rate. I told them to chill it and enjoy the moment; the moment of success, the moment of glory, something that I have cherished wildly after my success stories in my previous exams!

On the friggin' brighter side, I topped a couple of papers on the theory side! And to think of the fact that I had NOT prepared at all!

3 comments:

flygye12 said...

somehow, i don't envy either your exams or the fact that you have failed...:(.....wish i shared ur euphoria

Kris Bass said...

That's me, my dear. I am weird.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...