S. brings Xander home

Today evening, as I do all evenings these days, I was chatting on Skype with Vinokur. I heard someone knock on the door. I checked up the clock. 11.50 pm. It must be S., I thought. I guess he was hungry and wanted to eat something. I looked through the peeping hole and yes, it was S.

I opened the door and I saw S. And with him, Xander. Much plumpier, almost bad looking. I was surprised and didn’t know how to react. I must have said something like ‘Wow, Xander! Hi!’. I invited them both in. I had just finished making dinner for myself. I had made some rotis and a suspicious smelling beans dish that I had invented. I asked both of them if they wanted to have something to eat.

Both of them turned down the offer because they had already eaten. S. said he needed glasses. I knew it was for drinking. Suddenly the whole past went across me. I knew both of them would booze up at S.’ apartment and waste another evening of their lives. And, yeah they invited me to jam. I said I was not sure because it was late and I had a lot of chores to do and there was this fantastic match going on in the Euro 2008.

All throughout this 5 minute encounter, Xander didn’t utter a single word. That was weird. All I got was a smirk which suggested that he thought that my bearded look was silly.

Well, things haven’t changed much, have they?

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...