The shift

Madame Lahiri did the trick. What else could have incited this remarakable shift in my feelings for my parents? I think it was the first of the stories from 'Unaccustomed Earth'. It was about the relationship between a daughter and her father. I'm not going into the details of it but the point is that the plot somehow brings to life the desperate efforts by the daughter to breathe life into the relationship with her father which was suffocated by herself when she broke away from the family in her early adulthood.

The effect; I talked to my Mom and my Dad. I told them about this new apartment that I'm getting. In fact, I invited my Mom over to help me out with setting the new place up. She was surprised. But, as she has been through this phase of my life where I lost my way around my career, she was kind and offered help. It seems that my parents might visit me next month and stay here for a couple of weeks or so.

I'm almost certain that all this chivalry is ephemeral. But trying is better than regretting later in life.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...