The Boat Party

The last gay party had such a positive effect on me that I was looking forward to this boat party of the Gateway of India on a cool night in February. I had tried to look cool and fashionable and therefore had to dig clothes out of Sahaab’s wardrobe. That task is extremely easy as all of his clothes are fashionable and worthy of wearing, unlike mine.

Just to keep my lil’ Vinokur un-anxious, I had invited Sandy for the party. I had actually tried to get one of my gay friends to come with me so as to force shield me away from preying men at the party. But they weren’t free or interested. So I resorted to the option of Sandy. She was enthusiastic from the outset and considered it to be a privilege to be invited over to the party. In fact, when she told her sister that she was being invited, Susy also wanted to come!

So we met at an event at the Sheraton which she was co-ordinating and then took a cab to Gateway. There we spent a few minutes trying to find the jetty that would let us into the boat. We were greeted by Dee, one of the organizers in the party. The others were virtually strangers and to be honest to my blog readers, not even one one interesting guy was there waiting for the boats. Sandy was the only woman at the party and everyone was eyeing us curiously.

Once we took the ferrying boat to the actual boat where the party was happening, we got our beers and went on top of the first of the two boats. There I met my friends Dibs and Sam, lovers for an impressive 17 years. We exchanged introductions and couldn’t sustain the conversation because of the Sandy factor.

The party was just 50 strong by then. But by about 11.30 pm the boats were full and about 225 persons were there. I was surprised and ruing the fact that I had invited Sandy along with me because I wasn’t socially interacting with the other men there in the way that I had wanted to.

Sandy left early because she had to reach home at a certain time and after the time she went, I had a better time hanging out and trying to meet new people. It was a little too late for that and I hardly met anyone new.

Anyway, meeting old friends was a good thing and I was inspired to go for upcoming parties.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...