Republic day

Today is/was the 58th Republic day of India. India is developing economically. Indian man-power is going around the globe. But the leaders who we elect aren’t doing enough justice to us. People are trying to segregate the ‘janta’ like the British! Talk about Shiv Sena and related parties trying to split Mumbai into the Marathis (Maharashtrians) and non-Marathis (like me).

Most of the people are biased about either. Marathis believe that the non-Marathis have come, colonized and ruined the city in their multifarious, nefarious wasy. Non-marathis like for example Jade (the vocalist of Noice Circles) think that Marathis are rude and unkind and have a megalomaniacal/narcissitic view about themselves whilst the who-is-who of Mumbai features mostly non-Marathis.

Fuck it! I think Marathis are cool! But let me add that us the immigrants add the variety and spark that the city is known for. You wouldn’t want to miss a conversation with a UPite cabbie, shop at a Gujju store or eat at a Shetty (Mangalorean) restaurant when you are in Mumbai. Enjoy it people! Live in peace!

Now, today is the day I took a monthly First Class pass from Churchgate to Malad. I can now travel comfortably (I hope)!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...