Chest pain de la Xander

During the interval of 'Shootout', E-boi had this idea of seeing another movie. What else could be better than a movie featuring the Big B (Amitabh Bacchan), Tabu and Paresh Rawal running at a theatre across the road from my hospital with tickets at 80 Rs. for upper stall and which is 2 minutes of walking from the theatre showing Shootout. Too tempting it seems. It actually is. Or was.

Because we took that option. The only problem was that Parry called me up and said that Mr. Xander was having some chest pain since evening. So we were not sure whether to go or to help him in case he needs to go to the hospital. So I rang Xander up.

He seemed to be drunk or getting there. I asked about the pain and stuff, the usual history taking for doctors. To be frank, I was alarmed to understand that his chest pain looked like angina, the chest pain due to ischemia of heart, or in more common terms, a pre-heart-attack. But that's about it. Nothing else was positive in the history. I concluded that he needed an ECG. I suggested that he come over to my hospital as fast as he can. He said that he thought he was okay. I persisted. He insisted that he was not going to come out of the apartment.

I knew there was no way we could do anything about it. I asked him to call him if he feels so.

So we went to Cheeni Kum. 20 minutes into the very entertaining first half, we got calls from Parry. I replied with SMS saying that I'm busy. E-boi didn't hung up once saying that we wer at the movie. We got more calls and we kept on not picking up. Apparently, Xander's pain was increasing. And Parry wanted us to see if we could do something.

Irritated, Parry sent me an SMS 'Bye guys. We will meet at Xander's funeral.' I again didn't know what to do. E-boi didn't want to come to Xander's place after the last weekend when apparently Xander insulted him a lot. I decided to get out of the movie and ring up Xander.

When I did that, it turned out to be that Xander's pain was increasing gradually. I thought I would go and see if I could get him to the hospital. When I reached the apartment Xander opened the door. He was looking alright. I checked his pulse which was steady. I asked him to dress up so that we could go reach the hospital quickly.

He did that. I was not sure if I should take him as a pilion rider on my scooter. Xander said it was fine. So we rode to the hospital in double quick time. Once inside, I got his Xray Chest and ECG done and everything was normal. It turned out to be some muscular pain which was relieved by a strong pain killer shot.

Soon Parry joined us and we had dinner. Another uncomfortable one though. I really don't know whether I did the right thing by choosing to go for a movie when my friend was in distress. On the other hand, is there anything wrong with doing ignoring an almost the almost-somatization disorder in a near-life-wreck? Maybe too strong words, but this is how I felt.

I got this SMS which meant a lot 'The relationship which need a lot of effort to maintain are not true and those relationships which are true don't need to be maintained with effort.' It isn't all that poetic and deep. But it makes a hell lot of sense to me.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...