The trip to meet Ray - day 1

I wanted to meet Ray over the weekend at Cochin. But that didn’t materialize because of his busy hospital schedule. Finally we planned to meet on Tuesday evening at Cochin. I took a bus right next to my home. On an uncomfortable, yet scenic journey through the backyards of the picturesque Kerala, I took these snaps most of them from a moving bus. Just take a look at the spectacle.

 

 

 


The ‘tea-shop’ is the quintessential essence of Kerala, where the average Keralaite socializes. Apart from Tea, we get just about everything essential for life here. An average Keralaite will go to the ‘tea-shop’ in the morning to start his daily routines and end the day with a banana, often a must for many (like Chuck, my friend). It also doubles up as a newspaper stand as you can see.

 


I reached the Cochin at around 6 pm. We had planned to catch a movie but Ray was a little too late for the show. Instead, we hung out for some time. Then we booked a room at a hotel. The manager at the hotel, which was decorated at its entrance by an army of cats, was quite suspicious of the intent of our stay – I was really wondering if we looked like sex-partners, me and Ray.

Then, we went to a pub nearby – was a really dull one to have beer. I actually had couple of pegs of Rum with soda. The cricket match on the tube was the only saving grace as I watched Ray almost getting drunk with about half a mug of beer.

Of course, all through out, we kept catching up with each other. I heard Ray’s stories about seducing men on bus rides. I also heard about his relationship with the farmer he was almost in love with, who, like my sister, wants him to convert into ‘straight’. He persisted that I was not ‘trying hard enough’ at cruising. Maybe I’m a little scared. Or maybe, I value Xander’s and E-boi’s advice more than I think I do. They had said before I had started that ‘We don’t expect you to be shamefully treated (in the case of the mishap while cruising) because you are one person who we look upto.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...