The 'Crossword' at the Airport

When I reached the airport about two hours before my plane's scheduled departure, I was thinking about why my actions were seemingly like those of my parents who would invariably be in a state of nervous-adrenergic-hyperkinetic stage about 2 hours before any of their journeys. No I’m not becoming like my Dad and Mom. So much for the temporal balding that I proudly sport in my gelled look these days.

I had to reach early in order to get a re-ticket after the flight which I was supposed to be on was cancelled and my journey was postponed to the next flight about an hour later. My early arrival proved to be decisive indeed as a group of tamilians standing in front of me in the queue took about 20 minutes to solve their ticket problems out.

Yet, I had enough time to meander along the mighty checking area of the Domestic Terminal 2 of the Airport to fetch an overpriced Cappuccino at the Café Coffee Day on my way to the newly opened Crossword bookstore.

 

Needless to say, I was overexcited. Books have always fascinated me. But time has not always lent itself to this fascination and therefore, I’ve not read as many books as I have wanted to. But this was exceptional! So many glossy, fresh books. So many interesting titles. So much to read!

` 

I wanted to buy many books, especially ‘Shantaram’. But I didn’t have enough money to spend on an original copy the book as I could get the pirated version at one of the busy signals of Mumbai in a matter of 10 days.

 

The Crossword visit did re-ignite my spirits. Now, I want to try and read a couple of books on my trip.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...