Xander's b'day party - a success

Even though Xander's B'day is on the 26th of March, because of our work schedules we had planned for today evening. It was almost totally a surprise. I was ruing the fact that I had to get tied up all day with that Conference thingie. Or so I thought. After attending the first half, I took off hoping to start afresh as to what to buy and how to execute the plan.

And these days, in my life, what better way than to relax watching a good movie. I searched the paper - yeah there was just one show at Regal - The Aliens Return. I was totally disappointed when I saw the poster - looked awfully shabby. And it was a Hindi dubbed version! Yet, my movie-goer-heart thumped on and on. I took a fucken ticket and watched some really stupid action with dishearteningly ridiculouus Hindi Voice-overs.

But the thing was the magic was I was looking for. I executed the rest of the plan to near perfection!

Immediately after the damned show, I made my only damned move of the day. I got a call from Xander's number and I heard a voice which sounded like S.'. It was actually Xander in a false mallu accent and I accidentally divulged the plan for the purchase of gift with GS. I was ashamed of myself once I realized that and then I called up Parry and enquired about the plan. Parry was busy at work and was supposed to go out with GS for the purchase of the microphone. He asked me if I could go. I was about 10 minutes away from the shop. I said yes and called GS. She said she would be free in an hour. So, I headed to the musical shop.



There I checked out the microphones on display. I found the one - the Shure SM-58 Vocal Dynamic microphone. It was cute and heavy and had a pro-feel to it. The price was a grand above the budget that we had said to GS. But I felt it was worth buying. You would also feel so if you were to check out reviews of it on Google.

GS came down on time and we bought it in under five minutes. Then I gave her a ride back to the apartment. On my way, we got a message from Xander and S. who were hanging out at the mall asking me to come there. I dropped GS and went to the mall. There, S. was luring Xander into confessing on what he liked amongst the stuff in there. But Xander, somehow knowingly or unknowingly, acted unintetested.

After an hour we decided to head back home. To salvage the blunder that I had commmitted earlier in the evening, S. told Xander that we might go bring a Shure microphone for him as a gift. We left him and hung around the mall waiting for Sandy and Parry to turn up. Sandy came in sometime and we started finally shopping for stuff. We had decided on PS2 stuff, chocolates, the cap and the nokia handfree. We hardly had 1 and a half hours to get all this.

Parry was stuck up at work. So we three (me, S. and Sandy) left to the Lamington Road where we checked out PS 2 stuff and headsets. We bought him a memory card and a PS2 gaming DVD which he wanted badly - the Grand Theft Auto - St. Andrea or something like that. All this gaming lingo rarely stick to my head. Excuse me for that.

Then we headed to the place where I had bought my new handfree. We bought a brilliant grey-market-priced one and bought it. Along with that we bought Acoustic strings for him from the shop we had earlier bought the mic. Then we called Parry and asked him to check out the caps at the mall and to get chocoloates.

By the time we reached the there, the mall was closing. I requested the management to let us in to buy this one cap that Parry had found. We liked it and we bought it. Parry had bought Snickers and Mars before that.

We had completed our list of purchases! Whoa!

And then we had to get Xander dressed and ready for the Surprise Party. But, as usual, Xander was not in the mood... rather, was unwell. Had a splitting headache. He didn't quite get the importance of this party. We tried calling him. He said, going out was impossible because of the headache.



But tonight was my night! I bought him a couple of strong painkillers and we bought an amazing Chocolate cake on which Sumit drew a miniature guitar! Then we went up to the apartment and tried to cheer up Alex. He refused initially. But finally gave into the pills and persuasions.

So we headed to The Hard Rock Cafe Mumbai with all the gifts and the cake. I paide for the might 4 grand entrance fee for the five of us. GS couldn't make it because of her father refusal to allow her to go out.

Then we had a ball! Really! Whoa! I managed to get the DJ play couple of requests for the B'day boy. We had a huge dinner with great music. The feeling was awesome and there are lots of cute snaps that we took. I'll try to post some here.

At the fag end at around 1.20 AM, we cut the cake and at that point, the DJ played 'So Cold' by the Breaking Benjamin, our second request! Picture perfect it was!

Then we went home and jammed. We all felt so happy to have pulled off the amazing feat of planning and executing a b'day party in under 6 hours when Xander was not in a great mood!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...