'Dreamgirls' and 'Apocalypto'

The double-bill finally materialized. I watched two movies back to back on the same screen of the same multiplex.



'Dreamgirls' - ***1/2

I really didn't know what to expect from it. I knew it was a musical and had been told that it was not worth watching in the theatre. But I did as I usually do. I was impressed by both Beyonce and Jennifer Hudson. It was an amazing experience with so many electrifying vocal performance. Again, one of those movies which inspired the musician in me.



'Apocalypto' - ***1/2

It was actually a surprise. I expected it to be ***. But Xander's review forced me to believe that it is more like ****. But what effects. Although the string of coincidences at the latter half of the movie which help flee the protagonist of the movie is a little silly.

After all that, I spent the rest of the evening the hospital slogging.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...