These difficult times

On numerous occasions in my residency, I've realied that I don't have time for the important things in life. Like keeping up with my family, dear friends etc. There used to be a time when these were the most important thing in my life. Yet...

In the last couple of weeks, I watched movies and hung out with my gang here. That didn't give me time to catch up with everyone. Today I made up for it and talked to everyone who I had to catch up with. Here's the update.

My sister

She is doing okay at her husband's place. Work schedules and stuff. She got her driving licence recently and is now into driving regularly. She's not yet comfortable with the rush-hour traffic. But she's confident to drop her in-laws to places nearby. I think that is excellent. I'm happy for her.

We haven't restarted talking about the personal problems that she's having with the in-laws and all the sexual problems that she's having. That is quite the best way to go about it I guess.

Apart from that, she's getting time during the weekends to do things that she has always loved. Simple things like embroidery, painting, playing the keyboards etc. I'm so glad that she's finding pleasure in the simple things of life which I always feel are neglected as you grow older.

Chuck, my straight friend

Recently, he lost his dear Dad due to a hemorrhage in the brain. The formalities and the functions are over. He's joined back at work in the hospital from today. But he says that he's not getting used to going back home with no one around.

Along with that, the problems that he's having with his brother's divorce proceedings are also are eating his head. He has to arrange for 5 lakhs of rupees for that by tomorrow morning. That too without letting his brother know that he's arranging for him.

I had called him in the morning and we had a talk for about 10 minutes. But we could't complete it because of hospital rounds at either end. He had called me in the evening to talk. But then I was busy in the OPD. I didn't call back because I slept as soon as I came back to my room.

Ray, my gay friend

I don't know if I have mentioned it, but he's having trouble in the family as well. About 4 weeks back, his mother was admitted to a hospital nearby his home with an episode of Psychosis. Without any triggering event almost. Right now she is delusional with delusions of persecution. He thinks that Ray has been abducted and kidnapped and a friend of his is dressing up and taking care of her.

From his point of view, despite the fact that he's not very close to her, he is suspecting that he's the trigger for her disorder. He had gone to Delhi last month for giving exams. That's when this happened. Another thing is that he took a decision all by himself to take her to a nursing home specializing in Psychiatry. Instead of a normal hospital, where we could run tests to rule out other cause of such problems.

This conversation happened immediately after I had talked to Chuck and putting things to perspective after what had happened with T, yesterday night, I felt so warm to have such friends and such a friend like Ray, who I know in and out!

My parents

My Dad is recovering very well from his traumatic postural vertigo thing. He has started going out for walks with Mom. That's just great. This is about a week after I had talked to them about moving over to Mumbai once I'm done with my residency. I thought they didn't expect that really. But yet, they have already thought of selling our beautiful family home and moving into a shadier place nearby my aunt so that they could be more like the others in the family - more religious, simpler and manageable life - yeah, I think it is screwed up life. I hate my family for putting such thoughts into my parents head.

Mr. Lion

The guy who I had sex with for the first time ever is still on the prowl online; sending new years greetings to every other guy who he had acquainted over the WWW. Superfluous, he might be But still, he's sexy! I love him for the sex he's given me and I'll hit it on with him when I go home this time.

May, my straight girl-friend

The sad part of my friend circle comes up last. She's not picking up my calls yet. Probably is too busy. I miss you May.

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...