Narcoleptic surgeon

What would happen if a narcoleptic surgeon were to operate on a patient? I don't think you would need think of more than a couple of secons for a bloody ending! Like those black comedys!

Imagine what kind of emotions run through me every day when I'm being a colleague to this narcoleptic surgeon? Yes, he is my stupid houseman. I have to somehow bite through the rest of this post to see the last of him.

Today we were operating on a very high-risk (for the surgeons; Seropositive HIV +ve and HBsAg +ve) case of Spinal Tuberculosis. Let me assure you guys, there can't be a riskier case than this for a surgeon. One drop of blood could just ruin our lives as surgeons at least.

Yet, my houseman, who we know by now as having a pathological problem, slept almost through out the surgery. I and my professor woke him up around 80 times. My professor, a straight-forward, honest, hard-working surgeon, was so pissed that he had vowed to write a letter to the Dean of the medical college/hospital complaining about the fact that my junior is unfit for the surgical profession.

After all that 'dark comedy', I found time in the evening to jam with my erstwhile band. Not before I had the most sumptuous dinner at my local Mallu Restaurant.

Having taking a dig at the band, today's jam session was really lovely. Xander was indisposed with a splitting headache. But we three jammed older songs by the Oasis etc. Whoa, it was so much fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know someone who describes themself as "very narcoleptic" and who wants to be a neurosurgeon. Do you think he will get to be such a doctor? I certainly wouldn't want him operating on any part of my body let alone my brain!!! I don't know how often he has these episodes but still...

Kris Bass said...

I hope not, David. To be fair, if he gets treated he can be. Thank for commenting!

(PS: Why are you commenting on this post so late?)

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...