The day when I slept so much

It has to be the amount of work and stress that each emergency provides me with. Or else, how can anyone explain why I slept so much yesterday. The emergency provided me with umpteen opportunities to get worked up, thanks to the lameness of the juniors. I agree that one of them was relatively unwell like me with my respiratory infection. But that really doesn't serve as any excuse to not treat patients in pain, does it?

Early morning rounds without my seniors made for the occasion of me presenting the round for the first time to my professor. Needless to say, I felt good doing that. I think I did well as well. Pat on my back... atta boy!

After that, another dreary morning with unnecessary chores of the hospital handed out by my unconvincing Associate Professor pushed me to the utmost extremes of tiredeness. Despite that, with a couple of my favorite 'Bread slices and Omleette sandwiches' from the College Canteen gulped down with hot tea, I was energized to see about 8 patients scattered through out the hospital - those patients attended to by us in the emergency, but admitted in their respective wards for more serious conditions like Hemophilia, Intracranial Hemorrhages and Splenic ruptures. (I don't have a clue as to what the readers will understand with all this medical lingo on my personal blog)

I crawled back to my room without having proper lunch and slept instantly. My phone kept buzzing but I didn't have the life to pick it up and answer. Four calls were from one of my dear (hot) servants who had brought fried-fish especially for me caught in his family fishing boat. He was caring enough to come to my room to hand me over the whole metal container of fish fry.

If you know me, you know how crazy I'm over fish. Yet, I put that away safely (because Manohar was on the prowl in my room) and slept. I woke up after 7 hours of sleep at around 10 pm. I ate six pieces of amazing fish and then gave the container to my seniors across my room. I got ready to go to ward. I take my round and then finally head to the preoperative ward to check up on the implants for tomorrow's surgeries.

I head to my room and find Manohar again roaming in the mess below. With him I come up to my room and after a couple of pieces apiece, I fall asleep with him on my belly purring along like a tractor.

Yeah, I sleep for another 6 hours!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...