The Costume Party

Today I did something totally cool. A Costume Party!

Today was T.'s Christmas meets New Year's Costume Party. She had invited the whole of the Psychiatry Department and just me from outside. To start thing off, I didn't have even the faintest of ideas as to what to wear. As soon as I got free in the late afternoon, I started asking around for options. I had the option of going as a 60's Rocker or a new age Rocker. For the former I need formal shoes, tuxedos or jackets and broad rimmed rectangular spectacles. The second option was easier but I wanted something weird. I was thinking of wearing a jeans, shirt and a sweater etc.

For more options I borrowed a half sweater from one of my colleagues and went to my anaesthetist friends' rooms to check out shirts, tuxedoes etc. Finally I decided to head out to shopping to the big mall downtown with my anaesthetist friend SB. Oh boy, did we shop! We went in Pantaloons and I bought a size 40 awesome shirt (check the photo at the end of the post) and a couple of breathtaking full-sleeve T-shirts by the UMM (Underground Music Movement) company! I thoroughly enjoyed shopping and I'm proud to own three fucking cool looking clothes!

Then I came back and got ready for the party. Everyone was wearing things like dhotis, pajamas and sarees etc. I went with a costume as below. Check the photograph... That's T. by the way standing right beside me with a Chinese waitress costume. I wore my faded light brown slip - ons, a black slightly bleached jean pair, the awesome blue shirt and my awesome jacket as a tuxedo. I thought I looked nice in that. Now it's upto the world to judge.

 


The party was a mixed bag. I felt out of place at time because of the fact that I'm the only one out of the Psycho(iatrist) group. But still T. compensated for it. Besides, the food was awesome and I had a couple of drinks. Finally I ended up playing some songs on the guitar for the crowd who seemed to appreciate it. Mind you, my throat was way too fucked. Yet, I tried to sing how much ever that I could.

All in all, a great night!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...