Another mess

Today was a bad day. A day which began so well wouldn't usually end up so bad in my life at least. After yesterday's jam session, I got up early enough to reach the OT early. I did everything I was supposed to do and still I managed to get enough time to read up about a case which I was going to operate in the afternoon.

The first surgery, in which I got to just assist instead of operating, went on smoothly. No issues. The second case was a case of fracture surgical neck of humerus which I had never done or assisted doing. It was another case where the patient was Hepatitis B positive.

This meant that my seniors didn't even have the courtesy to come in the OT to guide me. And it was a struggle. It was a difficult case and in between, my colleague had to wash out because he got a prick.

Although I managed to pull off the plating, it was not satisfying. I was very irritated with the inadquate assistance that I'm getting from the sisters and my juniors. There was no good image intensification (fluroscopy ) as well.

Anyway, that added up to my 'blues'. I wanted to jam badly to relieve me from my worries. I called Xander and fixed up an appointment.

But then, my junior fucked things up by screwing my evening round. He hadn't completed most of the work that was suppsoed to do. And he had stupid explanations for all that he hasn't done.

After all that, I got a call from my uncle back home about the condition of the sick Aunt admitted in a hospital with appendicitis. Apart from that, he had news about my Mom and Dad not listening to him about the stupidity that they are about to commmit (buying a new home).

Everything was so gloomy. I got late for our jam session. But then, we talked about my problems life. We also talked about Xander's problems and S.' problems. And after all that, we jammed.

Then we had Mallu food. Wow, what fish curry!

Now, I'm sitting on the computer without reading my text book (which I'm supposed to read) or completing the computer work for my professor!

My roomie is sleeping peacefully!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...