Weekend bash in Pune

This weekend, we had some free time in the hospital. It was a conference weekend and therefore, we were off duty from the major OT on Saturday. This Wednesday night, when I was jamming with Xander, his friend Shri had called from Pune. This weekend was Shri's future fiance's birthday and there was a big party. Xander and I were invited as well.

On the pretext of attending my father's birthday function back in Kerala, I and Xander left on Friday evening in a cab. It was a nice ride. Had lots of fun. We reached Pune in the early hours of Saturday. In Shri's apartment, we spent some time jamming and then slept by 6 AM.

On Saturday, we got up in the afternoon. After having food and things, I was sleepy again and I dozed off. Meanwhile, Xander and Shri bought decoration material. By evening, we were decorating the apartment.

The party started at around 8.30 PM. About 20 people. The strangest thing was that I was missing my gang (Xander, S., Parry, Sandy etc.). The people there had strange tastes. They preferred 'Bigg Boss' (a reality show on Indian TV) to anything else on TV. They like Bryan Adams more than Alice in Chains and they only knew of the Hell Freezes Version of 'Hotel California'.

In the night, we had a ball with jamming (me, Xander and Shri alternating on guitars and some percussion with the rest of the crowd chipping in with vocals. At the end of the night, I was tired again. Xander got drunk and went into one of this bad mood phases.

On Sunday, I got up mid afternoon and watched most of the 5th ODI between India and SA. Then I went to sight-see Pune with Shri. We went to a mall and I was again feeling the pinch of Pune sort of. The crowd seemed to be self-conscious and seemed to be older and less enthusiastic.

In the night, we went to the perennial hangout of the Puneites in Xander's older gang - Apache the lounge/pub. Listening to some awesome music, I got drunk on beer.

Here's one snap in which I look like Stevie Wonder while I was wearing Xander's shades.


I should have known not to laugh too much On the way back, I threw up. My first throw up ever after getting drunk.

Then Xander's friends drove us two back home to Mumbai. In the night there was some serious scare as we found our apartment's lock changed. Only in the morning, we found out that the neighbors had found our door not locked properly and the water was leaking from inside. So they cleaned our place and locked it with their lock.

That was scary!

No comments:

Engayging Life has moved to WordPress

Engayging Life has fully moved to WordPress

Yes, I am alive and I'm still blogging. Regularly. But on WordPress because offers an easier workflow for me. Here is a selection of wh...